Sign in with
Your question

Ad-hoc range

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 16, 2010 3:28:57 AM

Hi i was wondering if i created an ad-hoc network whether it would reach a distance of 20m?

More about : hoc range

Anonymous
March 16, 2010 6:59:26 AM

Line of sight certainly -- but walls and stuff limit the effective range. I suspect you'll be okay as my own environment is probably similar -- speed may not be the best.

Experiment with channels -- the different frequencies work better or worse depending on environment . Also choose a channel 5 stops from the most powerful neighbouring wifi.
m
l
March 17, 2010 3:47:38 AM

Quote:
Line of sight certainly -- but walls and stuff limit the effective range. I suspect you'll be okay as my own environment is probably similar -- speed may not be the best.

Experiment with channels -- the different frequencies work better or worse depending on environment . Also choose a channel 5 stops from the most powerful neighbouring wifi.

can you share internet through it?
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
March 17, 2010 7:57:26 AM

I rather doubt it, but have never tried. The original internet connection would presumably be via an ethernet connection to one of the machines ?
m
l
March 18, 2010 3:48:28 AM

Quote:
I rather doubt it, but have never tried. The original internet connection would presumably be via an ethernet connection to one of the machines ?

yes it is
m
l
!