My SSD is not showing up!

hour1702

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
After trying to do a Secure Erase with Parted Magic on my Vertex 2 and waiting about 4 hours without a conformation, I decided to just quit and forget about it. Now that I went back to Windows, I don't see my SSD in the Computer folder anymore. But in Parted Magic and my BIOS I do. Is there any way I can get my SSD to recognized again?

Yes , by going into disk management you can reactivate and set the partition of the SSD. Right click on computer and select manage and then disk management under storage from the list , then you will be prompted to enable the SSD when the page opens up and a window will automaticly open or you can select it from the list of drives if it doesn't.

2gstyle

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

if you have a windows disk or usb use that to start a fresh windows install and delete/format the SSD then leave the install after completeing that.

Try unplugging the sata power cable and data cabl fron the SSD and wait for a good 5 min before plugging back in , of course you are doing this with the computer shut off. When you went into disk management did a window pop up when you selected disk management ? The red light is not a good thing and hopefully by unplugging and pluging back in the red lite will go out otherwise you should be calling OCZ tech support.