[Solved] 8GB Installed, 4GB usable on Windows 7 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

statz22

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Just wanted to help out others that end up with this problem seeing as it took me f----------------g forever to figure out a fix (with no little help from researching via google).

Anyway im running the following rig:

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz (w/ Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus) - OC'd at 4.0Ghz
8GB (2GB x 4) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
ASUS P7P55D Deluxe LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2MH080G2R5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC (SSD)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Any way i had the problem when i installed 4GB more of memory (to make 8GB total) that my computer on recognized 4GB as usable and put the rest under "Hardware Reserved".

Steps i took for fix:

In bios make sure "Memory remapping" is enabled

Update bios to latest version

Voltage for DRAM to company specs (1.60v in my case)

---at this point none of it fixed the problem---

but then i RESEATED THE CPU AND DIMMS - afterwards my bios detected the Reseat cpu as a new cpu and subsequently detected all 8GB of memory.

So in my case if you have a rig similar to mine you have to reseat your CPU and heatsink for your 8GB of ram to become usable. Don't waste your time looking for an easy fix - it took me hours to no avail. Reseating takes some time if you do it right - but in the long run your PC runs cooler and it solved this problem.

Hope this is a lifesaver for others that have this problem!

- Statz

Solution
Hmm, interesting. It normally it's either DIMMs not being seated properly or the motherboard having a few bent pins/not contacting a few pins which result in the loss of memory.

vadimua

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
PEOPLE I have found the correct answer to all your memory detection problems type in msconfig go to boot , advance and uncheck number of prossocers and maximum memory . this will definitly fix your problem ... dun ever go on youtube for say and follow those dumbass videos that make your windows perform faster !

LLALOOL

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012

ONLY THIS DID THE WHOLE WORK . THANKS :pt1cable:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS