docdangerouss

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
Hi all,

I am in the process of shopping for parts and I am a bit confused on which Mobo to go with. My build includes the following.

5970 ATI (when I can get one)
850TX Corsair PS
Intel i7-920
6g Corsair dominator tri channel ram
sound card (undecided)

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 has caught my eye due to the reviews I have read on it. I want to make sure I can get a few upgrades and addtions out of my build, such as potential crossfire and maybe adding a tuner down the road.

The P6T is a bit on the pricey side which is really not to much of an issue, but i want to make sure it is not over kill and money better spent somewhere else. if this is the case can anyone recommend another Mobo for my specified build?

Thanks for all the help!

subliminalaffect

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I'd purchase the ASRock X58 Extreme. It costs $170, has room for overclocking that beast of a processor, a good variety of ports, and performs well in both base cpu and ram testing. You should check out this link (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cheap-x58-motherboard,2368.html )<gives me some credibility >. also, it has a decent northbridge cooler. Of the bunch of mid-range 1366 boards, this one is the best deal when you look at the overall feature set. ASRock makes decent stuff, similar to Gigabyte but not the well known name. That's what i'd get if i could afford the 1366 socket. I'm "settling" with a 1156 750. Good luck with the build. :)

the asus pt6 v2 holds the i7 920 overclock record

do you reallly need a sound card the new boards come with decent onboard sound specially the 1366 boards first have a listen before getting a sound card

docdangerouss

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
Ram suggestion looks good, I will do a bit on research but think you might have convinced me. As far as the mobo recommendation I actually saw that the other night in my adventures and looks like a possible bet.

Thanks for all the feedback guys keep it coming!