I would have thought your system would be capable of handling software like this( basicaslly a DAW). It's no slouch by any means. Can you post the recommended specs for that software?
Well as I use mac:
Mac OS X System Requirements
* Intel Mac (multiple cores highly recommended)
* 1 GB RAM or more
* DVD drive
* 2 GB free hard disk space (program may use up to 20 GB scratch disk space)
* Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
* Monitor with at least 1024x768 resolution
* CoreAudio compliant audio interface or built-in audio hardware
* Free USB port for Ignition Key
* Internet connection for registration
I was monitoring processes in tak manager, and it looked like the amount available memory droped down up to 50mb while I was running this software.