HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR YOUR GAME TO SAVE ?

Last response: in Video Games
March 18, 2005 1:15:42 PM

My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.

University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.

I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.

Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?

More about : long game save

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 1:15:43 PM

"BIG NIGE" <no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote in message
> My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.
>
> University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.
>
> I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.
>
> Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?

I'd say mine takes about 20 seconds. Longer on huge lots. More RAM might
help. When I had more it was much faster.

Gareeth
March 18, 2005 1:19:21 PM

"BIG NIGE" <no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote in message
> My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.
>
> University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.
>
> I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.
>
> Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?

this is total unacceptable... well mine about less than 5 seconds...
March 18, 2005 7:53:18 PM

When I first got the game, it took 10-15 minutes to
save. Updating my graphics card drivers made a world
of difference.

Laura

BIG NIGE wrote:
> My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.
>
> University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.
>
> I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.
>
> Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 9:37:25 PM

Thanks for comments so far

RAM shoulndt be a problem as I have 512mb (2 x 256 dual-channel) I would
expect that to be enough.

My video card is less than 6 months old (as is the rest of the system) BUT I
will look for an update to see if it helps at all.

If anyone has any further information please keep it coming in

"Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> When I first got the game, it took 10-15 minutes to
> save. Updating my graphics card drivers made a world
> of difference.
>
> Laura
>

> BIG NIGE wrote:
> > My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.
> >
> > University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.
> >
> > I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.
> >
> > Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 10:58:50 PM

BIG NIGE wrote:

> My video card is less than 6 months old (as is the rest of the system) BUT I
> will look for an update to see if it helps at all.

Yeah, mine was brand new. It didn't even occur to me the
drivers might need updating until someone here suggested it.
Hope some of this advice helps you out!

Laura
March 19, 2005 1:57:01 AM

> BIG NIGE wrote:
>
>> My video card is less than 6 months old (as is the rest of the system)
>> BUT I
>> will look for an update to see if it helps at all.
>

> Yeah, mine was brand new. It didn't even occur to me the
> drivers might need updating until someone here suggested it.
> Hope some of this advice helps you out!
>
> Laura

Honesty I'm surprise some of you said between 2 minutes to 4 even more that
toooooo slow.

I always have save between 5 seconds and 10 seconds sometime worst at 20
seconds that it.

I use 1 GIG RAM and defrag HDD that it.

I highly recommend to have 1 GIG RAM best for games...
March 19, 2005 3:25:26 AM

mine takes maybe 4 minutes...slow yes....

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...
"BIG NIGE" <no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote in message
> My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.
>
> University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.
>
> I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.
>
> Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 4:32:58 AM

What I can't believe is no one has even offered this one point. The more
stuff you have on a lot, the longer it will take to save.

"Wesley" <Wesley@kissworld.com.de> wrote in message

> "Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > BIG NIGE wrote:
> >
> >> My video card is less than 6 months old (as is the rest of the system)
> >> BUT I
> >> will look for an update to see if it helps at all.
> >

> > Yeah, mine was brand new. It didn't even occur to me the
> > drivers might need updating until someone here suggested it.
> > Hope some of this advice helps you out!
> >
> > Laura
>
> Honesty I'm surprise some of you said between 2 minutes to 4 even more
that
> toooooo slow.
>
> I always have save between 5 seconds and 10 seconds sometime worst at 20
> seconds that it.
>
> I use 1 GIG RAM and defrag HDD that it.
>

> I highly recommend to have 1 GIG RAM best for games...

March 19, 2005 10:14:03 AM

No I'm not kidding....save time between 5 seconds to 20 seconds... someone
to 15 minutes ???????????????????? LOL u got be joking....
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 10:14:04 AM

Unfortunately a lot of us cannot afford to upgrade our computers like you
have done :(
So we deal with it :)
Mine never takes more than maybe 30 secs to save, and I have over 512 RAM.
The more I have done to a lot, the longer it takes. Especially if i have
messed with ground level and added a bunch of trees and
such..............those dang willows, lol.

> No I'm not kidding....save time between 5 seconds to 20 seconds... someone
> to 15 minutes ???????????????????? LOL u got be joking....

Anonymous
March 20, 2005 11:22:36 PM

thank you very much LAURA

I am absolutely amazed at the difference

I HAVE UPGRADED MY VIDEO DRIVER and the game save time has dropped from
8-10 minutes to 10 - 15 SECONDS
"Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> When I first got the game, it took 10-15 minutes to
> save. Updating my graphics card drivers made a world
> of difference.
>
> Laura
>

> BIG NIGE wrote:
> > My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.
> >
> > University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.
> >
> > I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.
> >
> > Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 8:34:28 PM

"Wesley" <Wesley@kissworld.com.de> wrote in message

> "Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> BIG NIGE wrote:
>>
>>> My video card is less than 6 months old (as is the rest of the
>>> system) BUT I
>>> will look for an update to see if it helps at all.
>>

>> Yeah, mine was brand new. It didn't even occur to me the
>> drivers might need updating until someone here suggested it.
>> Hope some of this advice helps you out!
>>
>> Laura
>
> Honesty I'm surprise some of you said between 2 minutes to 4 even more
> that toooooo slow.
>
> I always have save between 5 seconds and 10 seconds sometime worst at
> 20 seconds that it.
>
> I use 1 GIG RAM and defrag HDD that it.
>

> I highly recommend to have 1 GIG RAM best for games...

What kind of RAM do you have? Does it make a difference in the type of
RAM?
Just curious!

Betty
!