HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR YOUR GAME TO SAVE ?

My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.

University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.

I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.

Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?
12 answers Last reply
More about long game save

    "BIG NIGE" <no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote in message
    > My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.
    >
    > University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.
    >
    > I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.
    >
    > Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?

    I'd say mine takes about 20 seconds. Longer on huge lots. More RAM might
    help. When I had more it was much faster.

    Gareeth

    "BIG NIGE" <no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote in message
    > My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.
    >
    > University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.
    >
    > I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.
    >
    > Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?

    this is total unacceptable... well mine about less than 5 seconds...

    When I first got the game, it took 10-15 minutes to
    save. Updating my graphics card drivers made a world
    of difference.

    Laura

    BIG NIGE wrote:
    > My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.
    >
    > University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.
    >
    > I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.
    >
    > Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?

    Thanks for comments so far

    RAM shoulndt be a problem as I have 512mb (2 x 256 dual-channel) I would
    expect that to be enough.

    My video card is less than 6 months old (as is the rest of the system) BUT I
    will look for an update to see if it helps at all.

    If anyone has any further information please keep it coming in

    BIG NIGE wrote:

    > My video card is less than 6 months old (as is the rest of the system) BUT I
    > will look for an update to see if it helps at all.

    Yeah, mine was brand new. It didn't even occur to me the
    drivers might need updating until someone here suggested it.
    Hope some of this advice helps you out!

    Laura

    > BIG NIGE wrote:
    >
    >> My video card is less than 6 months old (as is the rest of the system)
    >> BUT I
    >> will look for an update to see if it helps at all.
    >

    > Yeah, mine was brand new. It didn't even occur to me the
    > drivers might need updating until someone here suggested it.
    > Hope some of this advice helps you out!
    >
    > Laura

    Honesty I'm surprise some of you said between 2 minutes to 4 even more that
    toooooo slow.

    I always have save between 5 seconds and 10 seconds sometime worst at 20
    seconds that it.

    I use 1 GIG RAM and defrag HDD that it.

    I highly recommend to have 1 GIG RAM best for games...

    mine takes maybe 4 minutes...slow yes....

    ~ jo

    http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
    "BIG NIGE" <no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote in message
    > My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.
    >
    > University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.
    >
    > I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.
    >
    > Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?

    What I can't believe is no one has even offered this one point. The more
    stuff you have on a lot, the longer it will take to save.

    "Wesley" <Wesley@kissworld.com.de> wrote in message

    > "Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > BIG NIGE wrote:
    > >
    > >> My video card is less than 6 months old (as is the rest of the system)
    > >> BUT I
    > >> will look for an update to see if it helps at all.
    > >

    > > Yeah, mine was brand new. It didn't even occur to me the
    > > drivers might need updating until someone here suggested it.
    > > Hope some of this advice helps you out!
    > >
    > > Laura
    >
    > Honesty I'm surprise some of you said between 2 minutes to 4 even more
    that
    > toooooo slow.
    >
    > I always have save between 5 seconds and 10 seconds sometime worst at 20
    > seconds that it.
    >
    > I use 1 GIG RAM and defrag HDD that it.
    >

    > I highly recommend to have 1 GIG RAM best for games...

    No I'm not kidding....save time between 5 seconds to 20 seconds... someone
    to 15 minutes ???????????????????? LOL u got be joking....

    Unfortunately a lot of us cannot afford to upgrade our computers like you
    have done :(
    So we deal with it :)
    Mine never takes more than maybe 30 secs to save, and I have over 512 RAM.
    The more I have done to a lot, the longer it takes. Especially if i have
    messed with ground level and added a bunch of trees and
    such..............those dang willows, lol.

    > No I'm not kidding....save time between 5 seconds to 20 seconds... someone
    > to 15 minutes ???????????????????? LOL u got be joking....

    thank you very much LAURA

    I am absolutely amazed at the difference

    I HAVE UPGRADED MY VIDEO DRIVER and the game save time has dropped from
    8-10 minutes to 10 - 15 SECONDS
    "Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > When I first got the game, it took 10-15 minutes to
    > save. Updating my graphics card drivers made a world
    > of difference.
    >
    > Laura
    >

    > BIG NIGE wrote:
    > > My sims 2 could take 15 mins to save a game.
    > >
    > > University seems a littlt faster but still 8 - 10 minutes.
    > >
    > > I have been told by others that theirs only takes 2-3 minutes.
    > >
    > > Has anyone any tips for speeding up the process ?

    "Wesley" <Wesley@kissworld.com.de> wrote in message

    > "Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> BIG NIGE wrote:
    >>
    >>> My video card is less than 6 months old (as is the rest of the
    >>> system) BUT I
    >>> will look for an update to see if it helps at all.
    >>

    >> Yeah, mine was brand new. It didn't even occur to me the
    >> drivers might need updating until someone here suggested it.
    >> Hope some of this advice helps you out!
    >>
    >> Laura
    >
    > Honesty I'm surprise some of you said between 2 minutes to 4 even more
    > that toooooo slow.
    >
    > I always have save between 5 seconds and 10 seconds sometime worst at
    > 20 seconds that it.
    >
    > I use 1 GIG RAM and defrag HDD that it.
    >

    > I highly recommend to have 1 GIG RAM best for games...

    What kind of RAM do you have? Does it make a difference in the type of
    RAM?
    Just curious!

    Betty

Sims Games Video Games