Simple Volume to Primary Partition

I have just installed and formatted an additional hard drive. I am using Win
XP Pro, SP2. In Computer Management, the new drive shows as Simple
volume/Dynamic. Can someone tell me how to change it to a Primary partition?
Thank you very much.
1 answer Last reply
More about simple volume primary partition

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:37:59 -0400, smtjs wrote:

    > I have just installed and formatted an additional hard drive. I am using Win
    > XP Pro, SP2. In Computer Management, the new drive shows as Simple
    > volume/Dynamic. Can someone tell me how to change it to a Primary partition?
    > Thank you very much.

    A few ways to deal with this are mentioned in the following article:

    Probably the most straight forward method is the first one - using XP setup
    to delete the partition and recreate it as a basic disk.

    There is also a way to convert the disk to basic using Disk Management:
    How To Convert to Basic and Dynamic Disks in Windows XP Professional

    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Configuration Partition Windows XP