Sign in with
Your question

Acer x3200 support xfx nvidia 9500gt

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 25, 2009 12:58:06 PM

hey guys i play poker full time but i'm a bit of a techno phob could you tell me if my acer aspire x3200 could support a better graphics such as the 1 i've mentioned or would you have any suggestions?????

Also how would you go about installing the card??? I take it my current nvidia 8200 would have to be removed????
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 25, 2009 1:06:23 PM

I believe that computer needs a low profile card FYI. The 8200 is built into your motherboard so it can't be removed. Is the 8200 really having problems with online poker?
December 25, 2009 1:18:26 PM

No No not at all the system is fine but I believe my multitable options are limited to two screens the acer monitor can only handle 4 tables while my HP 2159 can handle 12 i made need more in the new year so im just wondering would a new/additional graphics card help if i purchased a new screen????
Related resources
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 25, 2009 1:32:08 PM

Your onboard graphics should be fine for anything besides real 3D games from the last few years.
Sometime in the next few months the low end cards for ATIs HD5xxx series should be released. They will support 3 monitors at once. That may be worth it for you. There are current cards that do so already but they are real gaming cards and start at $130.
December 25, 2009 1:45:22 PM

Just 1 last question man thanks for the info so far but if i was to get a gaming card where abouts on the desktop would it actually be installed because there is no ares at the back for a card to install????
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 25, 2009 5:23:34 PM

brady23 said:
Just 1 last question man thanks for the info so far but if i was to get a gaming card where abouts on the desktop would it actually be installed because there is no ares at the back for a card to install????

If this

is your case I guess it would be the grey slot at the top of the computer.
December 26, 2009 9:55:00 AM

ah right cool man thanks alot ill look into that appreciate it
!