New Hard drive replacement advice needed!!!!

bumblebee01

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased two Dell Precision twin quad core (3.16Ghz) machines with a 250GB HDD in each; a Sapphire 1GB Video card will also be installed in both. Currently running 4GB but hope to upgrade to 12GB in the next few months.

What I want to do is purchase another HDD with min 1TB storage (possibly stretch down to 750GB). Been looking at:

Western Digital RE4 WD1003FBYX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Enterprise Hard Drive -Bare Drive

and the Western Digital WD1001FALS 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM Caviar Black

I'll be running Photoshop scratch on the 250GB drive and the OS (Windows 7 Pro) and all apps will be installed on the new drive.

Main software that will be used: Adobe Creative Suite 5, 3D rendering applications and AutoCAD 2012.

Can I please have some suggestions for drives that match the performance and longevity of the above two examples but are a little easier on the wallet? Or am I just dreaming, and if I want this quality I have to pay for it?

BB