480PSU on my GTX260

hi can a 480psu be enough for a single Palit GeForce GTX260 to run???

my specs are

Intel Pentium Core 2 Quad 2.66ghz
2GB of RAM
a typical cooler fan and the GTX260
11 answers Last reply
More about 480psu gtx260
  1. It depends on the quality of the psu. Post psu specs please.
  2. which of it should i post???cause 1 of my techs told me that my ATX-500w PSU isnt a 500w PSU,they told me its just 480 total,is this true??
  3. What we need to know is the brand and model or at least what it provides in amps on the +12Volt rail. To answer your question some manufacturers rate their PSU´s at constant load others at peak load which is what your tech is referring to.
  4. its a RISE ATX-500W sir
  5. http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/1800604/FS:+Unused+Rise+500+watts+Power+Supply#uploadedImages
    If I found the correct one in the link it only has 22amps on the +12 volt rail which is not sufficient for a GTX260. It is a typical generic PSU so your tech was right. You will need a minimum of 30 amps on the +12 volt rail. Good brand names to look for would be Corsair, Antec, OCZ and Enermax to name a few.
  6. oh shoot >.<
  7. the gtx 260 consumes around 19amps, in addition to your other hardware.
  8. rolli59 said:
    What we need to know is the brand and model or at least what it provides in amps on the +12Volt rail. To answer your question some manufacturers rate their PSU´s at constant load others at peak load which is what your tech is referring to.

does that coolmax cu500b being a good power supply?
  9. just got a HEC Raptor 500 and the video card works like harmony
  10. vashfrey said:
    just got a HEC Raptor 500 and the video card works like harmony

Enjoy!
  11. thanks sir I will ^_^
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics