Solved

Can a PC have one set of Raid 0 and one set of Raid 1?

Is it possible to set up 2 separate raids on a single PC? For example let's say use 2 SSDs for raid 0 for OS and program files. And use 2 HDDs for raid 1 for documents.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about raid raid
  1. Best answer
    YES

as long as you have the sata ports to support it... you can even... if you were so inclined and have 4 sata ports on one system and 4 of the same drive raid 0 two sets of drives then raid 1 the raids OMGWTFBBQ O.o... but to your original question yes...
    (The 4 ports would all have to be on the same controller though.... in your case as long as 4 are on one controller or 2 on 2 different controllers it will work... just make sure they are plugged into the same controller as the corresponding drive.... if the mobo has two controllers then the connectors will be color coated usually)
  2. As stated, yes you can, but it is not desirable normally to put SSD's into RAID. There is no need for it, if you want speed they are fast enough on their own, and you cannot use features that enhance the drives performance and help extend the life of the drive.
  3. jitpublisher said:
    As stated, yes you can, but it is not desirable normally to put SSD's into RAID. There is no need for it, if you want speed they are fast enough on their own, and you cannot use features that enhance the drives performance and help extend the life of the drive.

true true... no Trim support right?
  4. Exactly.
  5. Unless you wait for the new intel drives are are supposed to support trim in raid.
  6. I see. Thanks for the info. I learned some new stuff.
    Regarding to trim on raid I found this recent report.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/106349-intel-to-add-trim-support-for-raid-0-in-upcoming-drivers
  7. Best answer selected by soistheman.
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID SSD Storage