seeing the object with SimPE

Hi all ,

I know how to open .package files with simpe but I don't know how to see an
image of what that package represent .. can someone help. Thanks

oh BTW the reason I need it is because I got the program that extract the
contents of .Sim2Pack files and I need a way to know which is which in these
extracted files ... so I can add the lots and some of the recolors and
delete the hack and whatsoever, just to keep my installation clean until I
can afford getting University.

Once again thanks for any help.
7 answers Last reply
More about seeing object simpe

    The only program that produces a picture for an object is Sims 2 Clean
    Installer, the last I heard SimPe did not produce pictures from package
    files.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    "Samer" <NoSpam@MyMail.Forever.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all ,
    >
    > I know how to open .package files with simpe but I don't know how to see
    an
    > image of what that package represent .. can someone help. Thanks
    >
    > oh BTW the reason I need it is because I got the program that extract the
    > contents of .Sim2Pack files and I need a way to know which is which in
    these
    > extracted files ... so I can add the lots and some of the recolors and
    > delete the hack and whatsoever, just to keep my installation clean until I
    > can afford getting University.
    >
    > Once again thanks for any help.

    Well yes, it does now :)
    But unless you know a bit about how simpe works, it's rather difficult to
    explain how to get it to do it.
    Easier to just use clean install to install the sims2packs.

    > The only program that produces a picture for an object is Sims 2 Clean
    > Installer, the last I heard SimPe did not produce pictures from package
    > files.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "Samer" <NoSpam@MyMail.Forever.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all ,
    > >
    > > I know how to open .package files with simpe but I don't know how to see
    > an
    > > image of what that package represent .. can someone help. Thanks
    > >
    > > oh BTW the reason I need it is because I got the program that extract
    the
    > > contents of .Sim2Pack files and I need a way to know which is which in
    > these
    > > extracted files ... so I can add the lots and some of the recolors and
    > > delete the hack and whatsoever, just to keep my installation clean until
    > > can afford getting University.
    > >
    > > Once again thanks for any help.

    Oh and MM, have you seen the pic that sims2 clean installer shows? If you
    are looking for an actual pic of what it will look like in the game, you
    will be disappointed :(

    > The only program that produces a picture for an object is Sims 2 Clean
    > Installer, the last I heard SimPe did not produce pictures from package
    > files.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "Samer" <NoSpam@MyMail.Forever.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all ,
    > >
    > > I know how to open .package files with simpe but I don't know how to see
    > an
    > > image of what that package represent .. can someone help. Thanks
    > >
    > > oh BTW the reason I need it is because I got the program that extract
    the
    > > contents of .Sim2Pack files and I need a way to know which is which in
    > these
    > > extracted files ... so I can add the lots and some of the recolors and
    > > delete the hack and whatsoever, just to keep my installation clean until
    > > can afford getting University.
    > >
    > > Once again thanks for any help.

    I'm just glad you can turn it off. G It used to pop up everytime you even
    selected an object in S2CI.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Oh and MM, have you seen the pic that sims2 clean installer shows? If you
    > are looking for an actual pic of what it will look like in the game, you
    > will be disappointed :(
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > The only program that produces a picture for an object is Sims 2 Clean
    > > Installer, the last I heard SimPe did not produce pictures from package
    > > files.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > > "Samer" <NoSpam@MyMail.Forever.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi all ,
    > > >
    > > > I know how to open .package files with simpe but I don't know how to
    see
    > > an
    > > > image of what that package represent .. can someone help. Thanks
    > > >
    > > > oh BTW the reason I need it is because I got the program that extract
    > the
    > > > contents of .Sim2Pack files and I need a way to know which is which in
    > > these
    > > > extracted files ... so I can add the lots and some of the recolors and
    > > > delete the hack and whatsoever, just to keep my installation clean
    until
    > > > can afford getting University.
    > > >
    > > > Once again thanks for any help.

    Learn something new everyday. I really must spend some time looking at all
    the things people are adding to SimPe.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Well yes, it does now :)
    > But unless you know a bit about how simpe works, it's rather difficult to
    > explain how to get it to do it.
    > Easier to just use clean install to install the sims2packs.
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > The only program that produces a picture for an object is Sims 2 Clean
    > > Installer, the last I heard SimPe did not produce pictures from package
    > > files.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > > "Samer" <NoSpam@MyMail.Forever.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi all ,
    > > >
    > > > I know how to open .package files with simpe but I don't know how to
    see
    > > an
    > > > image of what that package represent .. can someone help. Thanks
    > > >
    > > > oh BTW the reason I need it is because I got the program that extract
    > the
    > > > contents of .Sim2Pack files and I need a way to know which is which in
    > > these
    > > > extracted files ... so I can add the lots and some of the recolors and
    > > > delete the hack and whatsoever, just to keep my installation clean
    until
    > > > can afford getting University.
    > > >
    > > > Once again thanks for any help.

    thanks for the relpies ... but my question remains .. how do I know what
    the packages are that are included with the .Sims2Pack files before I
    install them .

    and to work around this problem .. if I deleted the Sims 2 folder
    completly in My Document when I am about to install the expansion .. will it
    create a new folder , and will it remove any files that might cause problem
    to the expansion .. thanks.

    > Oh and MM, have you seen the pic that sims2 clean installer shows? If you
    > are looking for an actual pic of what it will look like in the game, you
    > will be disappointed :(
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> The only program that produces a picture for an object is Sims 2 Clean
    >> Installer, the last I heard SimPe did not produce pictures from package
    >> files.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >>
    >> MM
    >>

    >> "Samer" <NoSpam@MyMail.Forever.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi all ,
    >> >
    >> > I know how to open .package files with simpe but I don't know how to
    >> > see
    >> an
    >> > image of what that package represent .. can someone help. Thanks
    >> >
    >> > oh BTW the reason I need it is because I got the program that extract
    > the
    >> > contents of .Sim2Pack files and I need a way to know which is which in
    >> these
    >> > extracted files ... so I can add the lots and some of the recolors and
    >> > delete the hack and whatsoever, just to keep my installation clean
    >> > until
    >> > can afford getting University.
    >> >
    >> > Once again thanks for any help.

    IMHO before you install a .Sims2Pack the only way to see what is in it would
    be through Clean Installer (although I could be wrong again). If SimPe now
    produces a useful picture why not use S2CI to extract your downloaded files
    to a special folder and then examine them more closely with SimPe?

    As to the other thing - why not move your folder to the desktop and then run
    the game. If it recreates everything (which it used to do prior to Uni) then
    you are fine, and if it doesn't you can put your old folder back.

    --
    If there is light at the end of the tunnel - where's the tunnel?

    > thanks for the relpies ... but my question remains .. how do I know
    what
    > the packages are that are included with the .Sims2Pack files before I
    > install them .
    >
    > and to work around this problem .. if I deleted the Sims 2 folder
    > completly in My Document when I am about to install the expansion .. will
    it
    > create a new folder , and will it remove any files that might cause
    problem
    > to the expansion .. thanks.

    > > Oh and MM, have you seen the pic that sims2 clean installer shows? If
    you
    > > are looking for an actual pic of what it will look like in the game, you
    > > will be disappointed :(
    > >
    > > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > >> The only program that produces a picture for an object is Sims 2 Clean
    > >> Installer, the last I heard SimPe did not produce pictures from package
    > >> files.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >>
    > >> MM