Windows 2003 Server and Standby Mode

Hello
My new Dell 700 server can't go into standby mode in Win2k03. The server
does not have TS loaded.

I could not find any documentation on how I can get Win2k03 to provide me
the standby feature as the BIOS is ACPI compliant.

Any thougts or suggestions on how I can get this working ?

Thanks
Sunny
2 answers Last reply
More about windows 2003 server standby mode

    These are the XP newsgroups.

    Windows 2003 Server family are supported in the Servers newsgroups.
    www.coribright.com

    "Sunny" <Sunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > My new Dell 700 server can't go into standby mode in Win2k03. The server
    > does not have TS loaded.
    >
    > I could not find any documentation on how I can get Win2k03 to provide me
    > the standby feature as the BIOS is ACPI compliant.
    >
    > Any thougts or suggestions on how I can get this working ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sunny

    Hello Sunny,
    Since this is Windows 2003 Server do the following.
    Open a CMD window.
    Run powercfg /a and report the results.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    >From: "=?Utf-8?B?U3Vubnk=?=" <Sunny@discussions.microsoft.com>
    >Subject: Windows 2003 Server and Standby Mode
    >Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:21:02 -0700
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
    >
    >Hello
    >My new Dell 700 server can't go into standby mode in Win2k03. The server
    >does not have TS loaded.
    >
    >I could not find any documentation on how I can get Win2k03 to provide me
    >the standby feature as the BIOS is ACPI compliant.
    >
    >Any thougts or suggestions on how I can get this working ?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Sunny

Configuration Windows Server 2003 Servers Windows XP