Windows 2003 Server and Standby Mode

sunny

Hello
My new Dell 700 server can't go into standby mode in Win2k03. The server
does not have TS loaded.

I could not find any documentation on how I can get Win2k03 to provide me
the standby feature as the BIOS is ACPI compliant.

Any thougts or suggestions on how I can get this working ?

Thanks
Sunny

These are the XP newsgroups.

Windows 2003 Server family are supported in the Servers newsgroups.
www.coribright.com

"Sunny" <Sunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> My new Dell 700 server can't go into standby mode in Win2k03. The server
> does not have TS loaded.
>
> I could not find any documentation on how I can get Win2k03 to provide me
> the standby feature as the BIOS is ACPI compliant.
>
> Any thougts or suggestions on how I can get this working ?
>
> Thanks
> Sunny

Hello Sunny,
Since this is Windows 2003 Server do the following.
Open a CMD window.
Run powercfg /a and report the results.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]