Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard not working when I reboot..could it be the motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
July 18, 2010 2:53:30 AM

Hello all...new to this site, but I come in with a problem that I have been having for a few weeks... When I reboot, I am not able to log-in due to my keyboard not working.

The curser is blinking in the log-in screeen but when I try to put my password in nothing happens. I notice that the numbers-lock is lit when the problem occurs, but when the numbers lock is not lit, I am able to log-in.

I have to reboot over and over again, and then if i'm lucky the numbers light does not appear letting me input my password...

I have tried several new keyboards including a wireless one, but the same problem occurs. I have tried system restore, going back two-months, but again, nothing.

Any ideas? The motheboard possibly?

Thanks.
July 18, 2010 2:58:12 AM

concam said:
Hello all...new to this site, but I come in with a problem that I have been having for a few weeks... When I reboot, I am not able to log-in due to my keyboard not working.

The curser is blinking in the log-in screeen but when I try to put my password in nothing happens. I notice that the numbers-lock is lit when the problem occurs, but when the numbers lock is not lit, I am able to log-in.

I have to reboot over and over again, and then if i'm lucky the numbers light does not appear letting me input my password...

I have tried several new keyboards including a wireless one, but the same problem occurs. I have tried system restore, going back two-months, but again, nothing.

Any ideas? The motheboard possibly?

Thanks.

I should mention that I have a Dell desktop and I am running XP.
m
l
!