Need help finding watercooling

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
Hi again dude,
What are you cooling? Amd/Intel?
I know you will get some folks responding with H100 or aircooler solutions, but you need about another $50 on that budget for a decent waterloop,
Check out the sticky up top, theres also some links in there for sites to browse
Moto

andrew63447

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
^^ i second that muffin, and if you cant make it fit inside or dont want to the coolermaster product overview on their website has a 240mm rad mounted external on top feeding what appears to be a kind of push pull set up off the top case fan exhaust

They better not dare bring up H-100 we are talking about water cooling so that fisher price crap don't apply :non:

PanicMaster85

Distinguished

hello again... what do you mean by stickys? also I guess i could add another 50 but if you have any between 150-200 post that :D

PanicMaster85

Distinguished

alsoim a bit tight on space on top(have it in a desk) and do you think that, that will fit inside... also do you have a link? cant find it on the web(amazon or somthing) thank you

andrew63447

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

in a desk cabinet? please nooooo the thought of that makes me cry for component longevity. I realize that maybe your only option so if it is open that cabinet door your computer needs to breathe. Keeping the cabinet closed creates an environment where your ambient temps are going to be much hotter and will make to cooling much less efficient for either air or water.

back on topic, keeping it internal is gonna require some more work, possibly case modification. It all depends on your components inside and how much clearance you have to install your loop, take into consideration the thickness of the radiator and fans.

Link to the rasa kit
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_202_972&products_id=30187

**in a desk cabinet? please nooooo**
Not been here long have you?
Theres plenty of deskbuilds happen here, as long as you ensure airflow you are fine,
One example of a recent build here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=10&post=339183&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0
You are bang on with the modification though, if you want a good W/c build you have to be prepared to wield the dremel hehe
Moto

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
ok, i have my computer not in a closed cabinet... it's inside of a open spot on my desk(drawer on above it[about 5 inches{also i can take that off if needed"not prefered"}] I also have a open front and open back so the back is venting out and plenty of air is getting in.... but if this is sooooo horrible :p ill take off the drawer giving it about 1.5 ft above for venting

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
It depends if there are any fans on the top of your case that would benefit from that...and 5" should be enough top clearance even if you did. If the front and back are wide open, that should be plenty of air...sounds more like you might just have bad case airflow.

From the WC sticky (that I linked earlier in the thread):

How do I know if I need watercooling or air cooler upgrade?
-aka-
My temps seem to be hot on my CPU and/or GPU!!
-aka-
Do I need watercooling?!

Not so fast. I’m not trying to discourage anyone from going out and contributing to the economy by spending their money on a new cooler or full-fledged watercooling loop. However, here is a simple way to test whether or not your cooler needs updating or if you simply have poor case airflow, in which a cooler upgrade would still have little effect (watercooling loop would still provide improvement, but still dependent upon ambient temps and radiator placement/airflow).

Remove the side panel of your case. Take a house or desk fan- turn on HIGH and blow air into your case. Run your benchmarks, game, Fold, encode video, etc…see what your temps are. Compare with the temps you get with your case side on, and no fan. If the temps drop 5°C or more, you have a case airflow issue inside your case that should be addressed before ever replacing an air cooler with another air cooler. Watercooling might help, but depending on your desired temp ranges and budget, updating/adding fans might be the only thing you need to improve to get temps where you want them. If your temps remain the same or within 1-3°C, you might have a minor airflow issue (or ambient temps are different than when you ran your baseline test without the fan). If you still are unhappy with your temps, this is when considering a cooling upgrade is a good decision.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
how do i check my temps on my cpu? I am atcually going to upgrade all my case fans to led fans and add 3 120mm(2 front, 1 side) and also add 1 200mm led fan on top... I really don't know if getting a watercooling system is even worth it(I do game, so I am a lot of time putting my cpu and gpu under heavy load... so basically I want water cooling but i have a hyper 212+ right now and I am going to make it so that my air flow is hopfully a lot better... so how do i check my heat and also is it really worth the extra money?

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
it says
Temperatures
Core#0 21 20 33
Core#1 21 20 32
Core#4 21 20 32
Core#5 21 20 33
Core#7 21 20 33
Core#2 24 20 38
Core#6 21 20 38
Core#3 21 20 38
the first line fluctuates from 21-28 and the last also fluctuates a little
I am also only running Skype, 2 tabs in chrome, and HWMonitor

Do I even need a water cooler(also note that this will be in a while before I buy because im going to do a giant upgrade... I might get a piledriver if there good but if not then im going with the i5 3570K(unless better is released)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
It's going to fluctuate as it's reading the sensor every second or so (or whatever interval you have it set to). Idle temps don't really tell you much, you'll want to know what they are under load...try something like Prime95 or Intel Burn Test to see.