Sign in with
Your question

OCZ Vertex 2 60GB problems

Last response: in Storage
December 9, 2011 2:13:03 AM

I recently bought a OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD drive. I plan on using it as a boot up server drive. I wasn't expecting to get one this soon but I got a great deal on it so I figured why not. I still have some linux to learn before starting a server.

I currently have windows XP installed on a HDD and just wanted to check out the drive to make sure it works. So i plugged it in and the bios and device manager seem to recognize the drive but when i go to My Computer the drive is no where to be found. What do I need to do? how will I know if its a bad one?

I have a Crucial M4 in my other rig, but I'm a bit new to the SSD drives still. The M4 was pretty much a plug and play with windows 7. Is there something I need to do different in windows XP for it to recognize the SSD? I thought about seeing if the firmware needed updated but I don't want to void a warranty if its DOA.
December 9, 2011 3:12:45 AM

after reading some other posts I found the the management folder and mapped the drive. But before I use it, it wants me to format it. Isn't formatting a bad thing for SSD drives? don't I have to go to OCZ and get software to Flash the drive?
m
l
!