Solved

Where is the "Found" folder from Check Disk

Hi,

I experienced a power outage yesterday while my computer was on which caused the Check Disk dialog box to pop up for my Western Digital external hard drive. It listed two box options:

-Automatically fix file system errors
-Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors

I left both boxes unchecked since I just wanted to know where and what the problems were first before I attempt to fix anything.

After the scan, it gave me the following message:

So what I'm wondering is

1) why does it say some problems were fixed when I did not select the box for it to automatically fix the errors. And what are the errors?

2) Where is the "Found" folder? I have the "Hide protected operating system files" unchecked so I can see this folder. But I do not see it on the C drive or the external drive. I want to see what files were corrupted.

Thanks for your help!
1 answer Last reply Best Answer
More about where found folder check disk
  1. Best answer
    There should be folders in the root directory of the drive called "Found.000", "Found.001", etc. Windows Explorer has a habit of hiding things it thinks are scary, so if it's not showing them then try opening a Command Prompt window (Start -> type "cmd" into the search box and hit <enter>) and type "dir c:\" (assuming this is the "c:" drive).
Ask a new question

Read More

External Hard Drive Storage