Sign in with
Your question

Help please - I cannot get into Safe Mode

Last response: in Windows XP
July 14, 2012 2:25:42 PM

I tapped F8 when I switched on, got into the Windows Advanced Options menu, selected Safe Mode (with arrows/enter), which then showed in all 4 corners, clicked on my user name....4 seconds later F2 set-up, normal boot starts....never happened before? Tried three times.....

More about : safe mode

July 14, 2012 2:46:11 PM

your post, makes me think it's user profile related. A corrupt profile maybe.
So, i have to ask, does it do the same with another user?
Also, disable automatic restart from the F8 screen.
Or if U can, press esc when safe mode loads something for too long. Maybe it's a driver issue.
Can U normally get into Windows? or U just want to check something in safemode?
If you want to check something that U can only in safe mode,and Windows does work, (let's say, delete a locked file, or a more better scan) U can also put you PC to load only basic devices and drivers from Start>Run>Msconfig>Load basic.......and do it from there.

:hello: 

m
l
July 21, 2012 12:55:44 PM

Thank you for helping me and sorry for the delayed response (due to other computer issues). I do need the Safe Mode option available because I have had a number of BSODs recently mainly at boot-up or shortly after, caused by both my security software and two drivers, which have now been replaced. I have tried by clicking on both my Administrator and other user name account....same for both.

Yes, I can normally get into Windows in both Normal and Safe Mode.

m
l
!