New to overclocking - i7 2600K Vcore.

Tjabby

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Hello there users :)

First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong forum or so, i'm really new to this site, so bare with

Here's my specs:

CPU: i7 2600K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50.
Motherboard: Sabertooth p67 + lastest bios
PSU: Corsair TX750W
GFX: MSI N560 Ti TwinFrozr II

So, i made a thread on another forum asking if 4,4 GHZ at 1.300/350 Vcore would be safe. All I did was pressing the OC tuner button in the BIOS. So when the computer is ''idling'' its run at 1.6 GHZ, so its not on 24/7. It runs at 4,4 GHZ in games and such, obviously.

Soo i've been running with this overclock for about a week, with no unstability, no crashes, no nothing. And the temps seem fine to me, 35-45c when idling, and 55-65c in games like League of Legends. Now this is where it gets. Is this too high for a small game like LoL? I'm running on everything on highest, which has noting to do with CPU I guess, but whatever, its always good to know.

Anyway, the guy i was talking with told me to get Prme95 and i ran the blend test. The CPU temps INSTANTLY got up to 60c~ and slowly going up to around 85~ after like a 5 minute test. I know this is waay too much, but i mean, aslong as im runnng stable and fast, with the games I play, im good to go, or will the high Vcore slowly damage and cook my CPU to the end of its life?

I dont know what to do at the moment, some people says its ok, some says its way too high. :/

So what would you guys do? Should i just take it off, and live with the 3,8 ghz turbo, or will it be okay, aslong as im not running any insane CPU heavy stuff?

I hope my english and writing is someho understandable.
Thanks