I5 2500k and Intel DZ68BC overclocking

A few days ago i got a Intel DZ68BC with a i5 2500k and was really excited about overclocking that i5. I installed the mobo and cpu, with no problem, got it booted up right away. I've been looking through the bios and cant figure out how to overclock with this board.
Can someone tell me the settings which would give me the highest clocks that would be fine with a Corsais H40 cooler.

Thanks in advance
10 answers Last reply
More about 2500k intel dz68bc overclocking
  1. Thanks but i already looked through that, thing is most of those options are non existent or greyed out in my Bios.
  2. do you have it set to "automatic" or "manual"?
  3. I dont have the automatic or manual option...i didnt really want to get this board, i only ended up with it becuase it was 350 with the 2500k which is a good deal
  4. Check for a bios on your board. I think they added some better overclocking features with a bios upgrade.
  5. mucinc said:
    I dont have the automatic or manual option...i didnt really want to get this board, i only ended up with it becuase it was 350 with the 2500k which is a good deal

give this a look to find it.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/newegg-pc-benchmark-review,3165-4.html
  6. My bios wont update... i jusr run the update exe, it says my pc will shut down and the setup will start after restart but the pc just shuts down and boots into windows normally, i dont have any usbs lying around to flash it.
  7. i guess you can borrow one of go to the store.
  8. I update my bios not to the latest tho...cause that breaks the board, anyway i looked at the tuning the components link and changed to those options and would not boot or would just reset to normal, anyway i have just overlclocked if you can call it that with the turboboost, i set to 4.5 and when gaming it goes up to 4.5 doing just fine, I guess i have to stick with this for now...
  9. well atleast you got 800Mhz more that way from the default turbo . .its something
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Intel Intel i5