GAME SAVE TIME VS COMPUTER SPECS

As from my previous thread there seems to be large variations in Game Saving
Time (and obviously differing computer specs)

I was wondering if we listed specs and save time, whether we might draw some
conclusions from that.

WINDOWS : XP-SP1

PROCESSOR : ATHLON XP 3200+

RAM SIZE : 512MB

RAM TYPE : DDR 400

AVAILABLE HARD DRIVE SPACE ON

(C DRIVE/PARTITION) : 16.5GB

AVAILABLE HARD DRIVE SPACE ON

(OTHER DRIVE/PARTITION IF INSTALLED ELSEWHERE) : 20.3GB

SAVE TIME : 8-10 MINUTES

ALSO

VIDEO CARD : GE-FORCE FX 5200 128MB

"BIG NIGE" <no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote in message
> As from my previous thread there seems to be large variations in Game
Saving
> Time (and obviously differing computer specs)
>
> I was wondering if we listed specs and save time, whether we might draw
some
> conclusions from that.
>
> WINDOWS : XP-SP1
>
> PROCESSOR : ATHLON XP 3200+
>
> RAM SIZE : 512MB
>
> RAM TYPE : DDR 400
>
> AVAILABLE HARD DRIVE SPACE ON
>
> (C DRIVE/PARTITION) : 16.5GB
>
> AVAILABLE HARD DRIVE SPACE ON
>
> (OTHER DRIVE/PARTITION IF INSTALLED ELSEWHERE) : 20.3GB
>
> SAVE TIME : 8-10 MINUTES

"BIG NIGE" <no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote:

>As from my previous thread there seems to be large variations in Game Saving
>Time (and obviously differing computer specs)
>
>I was wondering if we listed specs and save time, whether we might draw some
>conclusions from that.
>
>WINDOWS : XP-SP1
>PROCESSOR : ATHLON XP 3200+
>RAM SIZE : 512MB
>RAM TYPE : DDR 400
>SAVE TIME : 8-10 MINUTES

XP-SP2, Athlon 2500+, 1.5 GB (DDR333), 10 seconds. The amount of RAM is
the key.

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de

Thanks to a suggestion by LAURA

I HAVE UPGRADED MY VIDEO DRIVER and the game save time has dropped from
8-10 minutes to 10 - 15 SECONDS

"Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
> "BIG NIGE" <no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote:
>
> >As from my previous thread there seems to be large variations in Game
Saving
> >Time (and obviously differing computer specs)
> >
> >I was wondering if we listed specs and save time, whether we might draw
some
> >conclusions from that.
> >
> >WINDOWS : XP-SP1
> >PROCESSOR : ATHLON XP 3200+
> >RAM SIZE : 512MB
> >RAM TYPE : DDR 400
> >SAVE TIME : 8-10 MINUTES
>
> XP-SP2, Athlon 2500+, 1.5 GB (DDR333), 10 seconds. The amount of RAM is
> the key.
>

> --
> Philipp Lucas
> phlucas@online-club.de

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:19:24 -0000, "BIG NIGE"
<no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote:

>As from my previous thread there seems to be large variations in Game Saving
>Time (and obviously differing computer specs)
>
>I was wondering if we listed specs and save time, whether we might draw some
>conclusions from that.
>
>WINDOWS : XP-SP1

XP-SP2

>PROCESSOR : ATHLON XP 3200+

P4 3.2 gig

>RAM SIZE : 512MB

1 Gig

>RAM TYPE : DDR 400

DDR (not sure what buss speed) Dual Channel Memory

Graphics Card ATI Radeon X300 SE, 128 meg PCI-Express

>AVAILABLE HARD DRIVE SPACE ON
>
>(C DRIVE/PARTITION) : 16.5GB

250 gig 7200 RPM HD, with Around 40 gigs still free on HD

>SAVE TIME : 8-10 MINUTES

It normally takes around 5-10 seconds to save a game (it seems to
depend on how complex/extensively the lot is built up) While I'm ALSO
downloading newsgroup pics as a background task. Though I once tried
adding a 5x5 South Fork Ewing Famly lot I found online, the home was
so extensive that it took 1-2 minutes for me to save that lot...

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

samer

What's your video card .. and what version of the driver did you get ??

> Thanks to a suggestion by LAURA
>
> I HAVE UPGRADED MY VIDEO DRIVER and the game save time has dropped from
> 8-10 minutes to 10 - 15 SECONDS
>

> "Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
>> "BIG NIGE" <no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote:
>>
>> >As from my previous thread there seems to be large variations in Game
> Saving
>> >Time (and obviously differing computer specs)
>> >
>> >I was wondering if we listed specs and save time, whether we might draw
> some
>> >conclusions from that.
>> >
>> >WINDOWS : XP-SP1
>> >PROCESSOR : ATHLON XP 3200+
>> >RAM SIZE : 512MB
>> >RAM TYPE : DDR 400
>> >SAVE TIME : 8-10 MINUTES
>>
>> XP-SP2, Athlon 2500+, 1.5 GB (DDR333), 10 seconds. The amount of RAM is
>> the key.
>>

>> --
>> Philipp Lucas
>> phlucas@online-club.de

ASUS GE-FORCE FX 5200 128MB

New Driver V 71.84

"Samer" <NoSpam@MyMail.Forever.com> wrote in message
> What's your video card .. and what version of the driver did you get
??

> "BIG NIGE" <no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks to a suggestion by LAURA
> >
> > I HAVE UPGRADED MY VIDEO DRIVER and the game save time has dropped from
> > 8-10 minutes to 10 - 15 SECONDS
> >

> > "Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message

> > Saving

> > some

> >> XP-SP2, Athlon 2500+, 1.5 GB (DDR333), 10 seconds. The amount of RAM is
> >> the key.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Philipp Lucas
> >> phlucas@online-club.de

strider

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:25:05 -0000, "BIG NIGE"
<no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote:

>ALSO
>
>VIDEO CARD : GE-FORCE FX 5200 128MB

The same.

>"BIG NIGE" <no.way@nolongerjose.com> wrote in message
>> As from my previous thread there seems to be large variations in Game
>Saving
>> Time (and obviously differing computer specs)
>>
>> I was wondering if we listed specs and save time, whether we might draw
>some
>> conclusions from that.
>>
>> WINDOWS : XP-SP1

The same.

>> PROCESSOR : ATHLON XP 3200+

Athlon 64 3000+

>> RAM SIZE : 512MB

1.2 GB

>> RAM TYPE : DDR 400

The same.

>> AVAILABLE HARD DRIVE SPACE ON
>>
>> (C DRIVE/PARTITION) : 16.5GB

70GB

>> AVAILABLE HARD DRIVE SPACE ON
>>
>> (OTHER DRIVE/PARTITION IF INSTALLED ELSEWHERE) : 20.3GB

6000 GB. I save to a serial ATA drve.

>> SAVE TIME : 8-10 MINUTES

5 seconds.