Windows XP Task Manager not showing Apps running

Ms67GTO

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Hello,

When I access the Task Manager, all tabs, except for one, can be accessed and are running fine. However, when I go to the Applications tab, the page is blank. Not one program is listed. The bottom of the page shows there are 25 programs. Where are they and why this tab only?

Thanks in advance - info. is much appreciated!

Solution
Ok This will take some work but it will also improve you pc

1 open run and type REGEDIT and go to this key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters
click on enable super fetch and change that from 3 to 0

2 open run and type msconfig click boot and change time out from 30 to 3
next click advanced properties if you have a core 2 duo click on number of process's and change it to 2 next click max memory and then click apply
do not restart yet

3 make sure you have hidden folder on if not click alt then click view click hidden folders then
open run and type prefetch and delete everything there you can

4 open run and type %TEMP% delete everything there

5 still in temp go up...

Ms67GTO

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Windows XP Task Manager shows all tabs working properly except the Application Tab. After opening tab, there are no programs whatsoever on this menu. The screen is totally blank. My cursor works fine and I have used the refresh option to no avail. A small box on the bottom shows 25 programs running. Why can I not visualize them???

Your help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance!

Ms67GTO

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012

Does my lack of knowledge with regard to computers make me ineligible for a straight, honest answer? You posted that another thread had already answered this question only worded differently. I've searched numerous areas on this site and cannot find the "OTHER" thread that deals with my issue. You could have been kind enough to direct me to the forum you made reference to.

Trust me, I would not be asking for help if it wasn't warranted and your supposed "answer" did nothing but frustrate me more. Thanks for nothing!

Anyone else out there who could actually help me or direct me to a specific thread that might help???? I'm not computer savvy - MY BAD - that's why I need help! Thanks!

Ms67GTO

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012

I apologize for incorrectly using "Programs" vs "Processes" - again, MY BAD.

On the application tab, what do you mean by "visible window"? Yes, I'm running user programs.

Ms67GTO

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012

Mike, you may be a "youngster", but you've at least provided a resource to try to fix this dilemma. Thanks for your advice that actually makes sense to me! You'll be blessed!

Take care!

jkipod

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Ok This will take some work but it will also improve you pc

1 open run and type REGEDIT and go to this key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters
click on enable super fetch and change that from 3 to 0

2 open run and type msconfig click boot and change time out from 30 to 3
next click advanced properties if you have a core 2 duo click on number of process's and change it to 2 next click max memory and then click apply
do not restart yet

3 make sure you have hidden folder on if not click alt then click view click hidden folders then
open run and type prefetch and delete everything there you can

4 open run and type %TEMP% delete everything there

5 still in temp go up a folder and find icon cache and rename it to .old
finally restart the computer

this should clear everything and make it like last know good config

i forgot to say once restarted press ctrl+shift+esc then click on procces then click user name and close everything then resart by clicking users log off then restart if that dont fix it try windows update

Solution