toddstricker

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Hello,
I purchased a gigabyte p55a-ud3, intel I7, 2 4gb corsair ram, antec case, and 1000w antec power supply.

When I power up it powers or less than a second and shuts down, I swapped power supplies, removed ram, removed it from the case, unplugged video card, tried all of it in different combinations to get the board to stay up it still does the same thing. I shipped the motherboard back and they sent me a new one, no note on if it was bad or they just swapped it and I still have the same problem. I check the risers from the case to the mobo and there are no extra ones shorting anything out.

Any one have any ideas? I am thinking bad cpu at this point.

ozpowell

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
I purchased a gigabyte p55a-ud3, intel I7, 2 4gb corsair ram, antec case, and 1000w antec power supply.

When I power up it powers or less than a second and shuts down, I swapped power supplies, removed ram, removed it from the case, unplugged video card, tried all of it in different combinations to get the board to stay up it still does the same thing. I shipped the motherboard back and they sent me a new one, no note on if it was bad or they just swapped it and I still have the same problem. I check the risers from the case to the mobo and there are no extra ones shorting anything out.

Any one have any ideas? I am thinking bad cpu at this point.

I've just been through the exact same problem with (almost) the exact same components. I have p55a-ud3, i7-870, 2x2gb corsair xms3 1600 ddr3, 850W Antec Quattro PSU. There appears to be some kind of incompatibility between the PSU and this MB and/or RAM. Switching PSUs fixed the problem for me. BTW, I had a hell of a time convincing the store I bought the stuff from to take the PSUs back as they work fine on other configurations. I now have a Corsair TX 750 - works like a charm.

G

I solved the problem ty, I ended up switching to an asus mb, probably would have been cheaper to switch the power supply :) never thought of it maybe being an issue with compatibility.

Todd