Pavilion Slimline s5220f PC Upgrading Graphics, need help ASAP

Tannerthegamer

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
Ok, here's the deal. I just got a new Povilion Slimline s5220f PC for X-Mas and found out that it has horrible graphics, and so far from what i've read, it cant be upgraded to be able to handle current day games ( MW2 and such ) so should i keep on trying to find a graphics card suitable for my comp or just return it and try something else? any suggestions soon would be VERY appriciated ^_^ merry christmas to you all.

Solution

In the long run that is the best idea. The slim line computer are great as space savers for people that do not game. There is a very limited supply of upgrade parts for them.

Tannerthegamer

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
sounds like it, i've done some research on the 9600GT and it seems like it would work, only problem is that it would require another fan to cool it down, cause everyone who bought one says it over heats really fast, im doing some research on the HD4650, but it seems to me that its mostly for HDMI, which im not to sure on when im only using a 933 Samsung monitor, and im not very smart on if it would run MW2 very well, it requires Geforce 6600GT / ATI Radeon 1600XT or better so idk if it would run it well

Tannerthegamer

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
If anyone else has any suggestions, it would be nice to hear some, im open to any ideas, cause im still wondering whether to just return this thing and get a different comp and upgrade it, seems almost easier

In the long run that is the best idea. The slim line computer are great as space savers for people that do not game. There is a very limited supply of upgrade parts for them.

Solution