Sign in with
Your question

Problem with Antec 300

Last response: in Components
March 4, 2010 8:03:11 PM

Well... I just got a new computer and put all the parts in and everything. I come to find out that the front panel connectors are ripped out is their anyway to fix this or should I try to get a new one

More about : problem antec 300

a b ) Power supply
March 4, 2010 8:06:49 PM

I'd be taking it back if it were me. I know its a pain in the neck but just on principle...you expect a new case to be in working order. I have an Antec 300 myself and they are a very nice case for the price.
m
l
March 4, 2010 8:15:02 PM

I mean I'm pretty sure it wasn't me that ripped out the connectors because even before I opened the case I could tell the power button was sorta messed up
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
March 4, 2010 8:17:54 PM

Yeah take it back mate. You could crimp the connections to patch it up but at the end of the day why should you? You expect it in working order when it arrives :)  Good luck!
m
l
March 4, 2010 8:21:18 PM

I got it from an online store so I don't know about taking it back. I mean if it's not too much work I would like to fix it myself if I could just because it's more convenient that way. How would I go about crimping the connections?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
March 4, 2010 9:05:39 PM

Well the actual crimping itself is the easy part. It's finding out which ends of the cables match so you can connect them all back together thats the hardest part.

You can probably pick up some crimps from your local electrical or DIY store. Computer stores may also do them. They come in various sizes but you're only going to need small ones for what you need. You will also need a crimping tool which will clamp the crimp down onto the conductor making a solid electrical connection.

Once you have these all you do is match up your cables, strip a small length of the sheath away from each cable so you just have bare conductor, lightly twist the two conductors together that you wish to join. You then insert this into the crimp and use your crimping tool to make a solid connection. It's pretty self explanatory and should become obvious what to do when you get them. If not Google is your friend! It also wouldn't hurt to use some insulation tape around the connection just to be safe.

If you're sure you want to do this yourself this is the way to go about it. But I would seriously consider returning your case. Good luck :) 
m
l
March 4, 2010 9:22:44 PM

thanks for the help ill try to get a hold of the online store see what they say first
m
l
a b ) Power supply
March 4, 2010 10:14:58 PM

+1 to returning it
m
l
a b ) Power supply
March 5, 2010 3:53:58 PM

JerseyDevil101 said:
Well... I just got a new computer and put all the parts in and everything. I come to find out that the front panel connectors are ripped out is their anyway to fix this or should I try to get a new one

Hi JerseyDevil10!

I'm sorry to hear that the front panel connectors are ripped out from your Antec 300. I would definitely recommend talking to both the online store you purchased the case from and from us. I would then see which of the two gives you the best option and go with it from there. Please contact us through the link below and hopefully we could do something about your Antec 300 case. I'm pretty sure our support team will ask you for a proof of purchase on the Antec 300 case so please have that ready for us.

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/index.php?page=support_...

Regards,
Antec
m
l
!