Sign in with
Your question

Computer Case + Other stuff?

Last response: in Systems
December 27, 2009 7:54:49 PM

Hey all i had bought this

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

case online yesterday, this is my first time trying to build a computer myself and buying all the parts, it says it has 5 140mm and 2 120mm fan ports. Do the fans actually come in the system or do i have to buy them seperate and if i do should i buy 7 fans at those specs? Also if i need to buy those fans do you guys know any red/black colored ones that you would recommend with good reviews?

One other quick question is there anything i will need when putting all this together that may not come in the box of all these parts i bought? I pretty much bought everything off of newegg/tiger direct

Thanks so much in advance! -nate

More about : computer case stuff

December 27, 2009 8:04:42 PM

Hello Nate,

In my shopping around most cases do come with stock fans and I would image this is not exception. Just by the description alone however i would not expect the 7 fans to come with it stock, maybe 2-4 fans included.
m
l
December 27, 2009 9:50:06 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

The case is one of the best that you can buy, good airflow and space. Comes with 5 fans, and you can install another 2.

I have a TT V9 and is great IMO, you must buy the case.
m
l
Related resources
December 27, 2009 11:22:57 PM

the mobo and psu will come with all needed cables to assemble, and the case will come with everything you need for instalation. you dont really need to buy anything extra, just the components themselves.

looks like a very good case though.
m
l
December 27, 2009 11:26:56 PM

Thanks for the info, i'll hold off then on buying some fans and see how it goes, do you know if i'll need anything else for this system that im building? Something that maybe doesnt come in the boxes that is needed like a cpu cooler (or does that come with the cpu?) or anything? This is my first build so im not exactly sure what im doing, the specs are:

Evga x58 sli classified x58 socket LGA 1366
Intel core i7 950 3.06ghz 8m LGA 1366
corsair dominator gt pc12800 ddr3 1600mhz kit
thermaltake tr2 1200w psu
wd VelociRaptor 300gb 10000rpm
Diamond 5870 1gb 256 radeon hd
Sony optiarc 24x cd/dvd rewritable
creative labs x-fi fatality champ PCIe
windows 7 64bit ultimate
and the thermaltake armor case

Id hate to think i have everything and be left out on something, im kinda paranoid when it comes to those kinda things, i basically bought everything off of tigerdirect and newegg. I watched a video about some kind of thermal gel being placed on a cpu, do i need to buy that or it comes with the cpu or something? Ive known most of the basic parts inside a computer but never tried to peice anything together except the video and ram from upgrading, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -nate :pfff:  (im such a scrub i know lol)
m
l
December 27, 2009 11:28:41 PM

Oh thank you! i just posted alittle to fast on that one, appreciate the reply! -nate
m
l
December 27, 2009 11:33:03 PM

NP.

looks like a very good build. the PSU is overkill, by a huge margin. but it will work, so its your choice. (you could get one half the wattage and still have headroom for expansion)

i dont know about the i5's, but usally the heatsink that comes with a CPU has TIM (thermal interface material) pre-apllied, so you dont need to worry about that unles you are buying an aftermarket cooler (and most of them come with a tube of TIM)

putting a pc together is actually very simple, the manufacterers make it very simple, and usally include more than enough cables for everything.

m
l
April 21, 2010 8:28:27 PM

nlheldt said:
Thanks for the info, i'll hold off then on buying some fans and see how it goes, do you know if i'll need anything else for this system that im building? Something that maybe doesnt come in the boxes that is needed like a cpu cooler (or does that come with the cpu?) or anything? This is my first build so im not exactly sure what im doing, the specs are:

Evga x58 sli classified x58 socket LGA 1366
Intel core i7 950 3.06ghz 8m LGA 1366
corsair dominator gt pc12800 ddr3 1600mhz kit
thermaltake tr2 1200w psu
wd VelociRaptor 300gb 10000rpm
Diamond 5870 1gb 256 radeon hd
Sony optiarc 24x cd/dvd rewritable
creative labs x-fi fatality champ PCIe
windows 7 64bit ultimate
and the thermaltake armor case

Id hate to think i have everything and be left out on something, im kinda paranoid when it comes to those kinda things, i basically bought everything off of tigerdirect and newegg. I watched a video about some kind of thermal gel being placed on a cpu, do i need to buy that or it comes with the cpu or something? Ive known most of the basic parts inside a computer but never tried to peice anything together except the video and ram from upgrading, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -nate :pfff:  (im such a scrub i know lol)

nate

i just found your post on build and found it interesting, because i'm doing something similar. here's my plan:

EVGA X58 SLI Classified Motherboard, Core i7 950 3.06 GHz
12GB RAM, 1600MHz Corsair Dominator PC12800
Thermaltake Armor Water Cooled Case + PWB 100 Water Block for LGA1366
Custom built Locking Caster Wheel Assembly for Case
PC Power Silencer 750W Quad Black PSU
RAID 1 Two Seagate ST32000641AS Barracuda XT HD - 2TB, 7200 RPM
Plextor PX-B940SA Blu Ray Burner
BFG GeForce GTX 260 overclocked video card
NVIDIA 3D Vision Glasses
Acer GD235HZbid 23.6" 2ms Widescreen 1080p 120Hz LCD Monitor
Logitech Cordless MX 5500 Revolution, Rechargeable Laser Mouse, Keyboard
AVerMedia MTVCOMG2W AVerTV Combo G2 TV Tuner
Andrea PureAudio full-duplex USB SoundPod Soundcard
Hybrid Samson Airline 77 wireless microphone
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64BIT Operating System
Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 10.1 Pref Speech Recognition software
KnowBrainer Univoice software
Microsoft Office Small Business 2007
Linksys Wireless Card

i've gone with watercooling and it's up and running now ... still waiting on Acer monitor, microphone, and software, expect to have it complete early in May.

the watercooling is very impressive! 25C to 28C on idle and 34C running super Pi bench mark. i'm on disability and dependant on speech recognition. had to have machine shop prep aluminum plate with caster wheels 'cause i can't pick it up; the machine shop was outrageous, but i needed. the plastic feet come off and aluminum plate bolts on with outrigger caster wheels. i have pictures but don't know if i can post. i'm new to tom's hardware.

velociraptor seems excellent choice, but i had to keep costs down going to RAID. how do you backup?

have you overclocked? speech recognition is cpu intensive. have you tried speech recognition with the creative soundcard?

i would be interested to know anything of your experience to date with your system.

james

m
l
April 22, 2010 1:26:55 AM

120mm Fan Ports: 4

120mm Fans Included: 1

140mm Fan Ports: 4

140mm Fans Included: 1

Detailed specs from your link.
m
l
April 22, 2010 2:01:41 AM

Having just joined Tom's Hardware, I'm not yet good at interacting and using this.

I do not yet know where to load computer specs to my profile. Looks like you've got water cooling, the TV card, good graphics and so forth. I'm getting help on the build as my manual dexterity is getting bad.

Not sure what you're asking or just making comment. Thanks, I'm learning.

James
m
l
April 22, 2010 2:24:45 AM

pegasus-rtf said:
Having just joined Tom's Hardware, I'm not yet good at interacting and using this.

I do not yet know where to load computer specs to my profile. Looks like you've got water cooling, the TV card, good graphics and so forth. I'm getting help on the build as my manual dexterity is getting bad.

Not sure what you're asking or just making comment. Thanks, I'm learning.

James

I was replying to the OP. He was asking how many fans of what size come with his case. I clicked his link that led to tigerdirect and clicked detailed specs where it revealed that it comes with 1x140mm and 1x120mm.

So I was in effect answering the OPs original question.
m
l
April 22, 2010 2:42:28 AM

OK, makes sense.
Thanks
m
l
April 22, 2010 6:31:33 AM

Also comes with a 230mm sidefan :)  mmmmmmm fans :) 
m
l
!