Amd athlon 64x2dual core processor driver

I had to reinstall windows on my AMD Athlon but my driver disc has flown the coop. I'm finding all kinds of programs that search the internet for the most current drivers BUT I have no network driver. I need just a network driver and then I could use one of these other programs to update the rest of my drivers. Anybody know where I can find JUST a network driver that works on the above processor?

thank you
6 answers Last reply
More about athlon 64x2dual core processor driver
  1. yenotraccoon said:
    I had to reinstall windows on my AMD Athlon but my driver disc has flown the coop. I'm finding all kinds of programs that search the internet for the most current drivers BUT I have no network driver. I need just a network driver and then I could use one of these other programs to update the rest of my drivers. Anybody know where I can find JUST a network driver that works on the above processor?

    thank you

    http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/athlon/Pages/AMD-athlon-processor-for-desktop.aspx
  2. ksiemb said:



    thank you, but none of them contain network drivers, at least none of them I can run
  3. yenotraccoon said:
    thank you, but none of them contain network drivers, at least none of them I can run


    Have you tried running their scanner for auto detection ?
    http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/drivers.aspx
  4. Yes and it requires internet access to locate and download the drivers and I'm missing the driver for my network card. I'm running a second computer to access the net
  5. yenotraccoon said:
    Yes and it requires internet access to locate and download the drivers and I'm missing the driver for my network card. I'm running a second computer to access the net

    Well, you are posting on the forum, so I assumed you were using one with internet access, which you could download to, then install on the other computer. If the vendor code & device code are listed in device manager, try searching for the driver with that info.
    Search by Vendor / Device code as shown in device manager.
    If you go in device manager, (for whichever device you need driver for)
    Right click properties for the device, go in details for the device driver.
    You will see a code like per example VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

    The VEN code means vendor and the DEV code means device: in this case the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8.

    Once you have the two codes, go to www.pcidatabase.com.
    Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware. From there you can search for a driver download for your hardware
  6. I go into system and hardware and low and behold there are NO network cards listed. Could it have gone bad on the mb? I would have thought it should have detected it during the installation of windows.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Core AMD Processors Windows XP