Sign in with
Your question

Did I mess up something? Advanced System Care 5

Last response: in Storage
December 10, 2011 12:58:55 PM

Ok.. so i was using Advanced SystemCare5 and I used the System Optimization feature which i normally do not because I do not trust it..

I noticed it made these changes:

Modified HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSiSCSI\|Start
Modified HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\napagent\|Start
Modified HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\|Start
Modified HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem Management\|NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation
Modified HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem Management\|NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate
Modified HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\|HungAppTimeout

I know nothing about raid and all that stuff.. i noticed it changed some values from 0 to 1...

was that a mistake? I know that the optimization feature in this program changes for general usage and compatibility but slows up your computer

i use this computer for gaming and quickbooks so bit more interested in performance

Was this a mistake? and should i undo or did i need to change the values (anyone know how to exactly undo?)

Thanks
December 10, 2011 2:29:14 PM

I know nothing about raid as well. but the top3 things look like something that would start on reboot. but the bot 3 idn. if u want to "undo" just system restore to a date before this.
m
l
December 10, 2011 4:37:06 PM

dayto11 said:
I know nothing about raid as well. but the top3 things look like something that would start on reboot. but the bot 3 idn. if u want to "undo" just system restore to a date before this.

i realized i did it AFTER i downloaded a 20 gig download and installed it.. and defraged lol..

makes me want to bang my head to think of all that being lost lol
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 10, 2011 10:09:39 PM

angry12345 said:
i realized i did it AFTER i downloaded a 20 gig download and installed it.. and defraged lol..

makes me want to bang my head to think of all that being lost lol

lol i know how u feel
m
l
December 10, 2011 10:11:05 PM

dayto11 said:
lol i know how u feel

hmm.. well im guessing whatever it changed probably wont affect anything that much since I do not access the HDD for much besides Quickbooks and online games ...
m
l
!