Recovery of data from corrupted hard disc

sunny_bunny

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
well, it a bad news for me. 2 days ago i just unplug my external hard disc from my pc in hurry. & start from that it cant anymore detected by my pc. an hour ago i bring my external hard disc to some technician & he said that my external hard disc is corrupted. he said that he cant format or open the external. so guys, here i realy2 need some help.i just need to know how to save the data that still inside in my external hard disc? all my files & all important thing are inside there. so, please help me with this. i dont care if my external cant be use anymore, but at least i still can save my stuff. please & pretty please......help me.... :sweat:

If your data is so important that you can't lose it, then don't run all sorts of utilities in an attempt to recover it; send the drive to a data recovery service. If you don't mind taking some risks, then there are several free recovery utilities that other members have used to recover data. I can't propose any because the ones that I tested under similar circumstances caused additional damage and ultimately only a few files could be recovered. I didn't care as I always keep at least 2 backups of all important files.

mongii

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
use stellar phoenix data recovery, just used it right now suggested by someone else here on tom's to recover 7 GB of photos from a drive that was repartitioned, reformatted, and reinstalled new OS on.

dunno if it would work as well as it will on a corrupt drive, but it has that option tho. so u might give it a try. good luck!

bamberbee1

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

Hello,

Yes, I was able to recover my lost files from corrupted hard drive by using hard drive recovery software. It gave me better results.