Hard drive replacement for Travelstar 30GN (will this work?)

The hard drive on my Portege 4010 just kicked (clicking / won't boot / media
failure messages) and I need a replacement fast.

The hard drive is an IBM Travelstar 30GN (30GB). http://tinyurl.com/6453e

From the hard drive documentation, it appears that the interface is ATA-5.
The drive I am looking at as a replacement(Hitachi 30GB / 5400RPM
http://tinyurl.com/5zuay )
has an ATA-6 interface.

Will I be able to use this as a replacement?
2 answers Last reply
More about hard drive replacement travelstar 30gn will work

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:31:22 GMT, "ElGordo" <nada@nothanks.org> wrote:

    >From the hard drive documentation, it appears that the interface is ATA-5.
    >The drive I am looking at as a replacement(Hitachi 30GB / 5400RPM
    >http://tinyurl.com/5zuay )
    >has an ATA-6 interface.
    >
    >Will I be able to use this as a replacement?

    Yes, but you could also take advantage of the situation and buy a
    bigger drive. You would get more bang for your money (lower cost per
    GB) with a higher-capacity drive.

    -Dominique

    Gotcha- Thanks-

    "Dominique Pivard" <domi@kenavo.NOSPAM.fi> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:31:22 GMT, "ElGordo" <nada@nothanks.org> wrote:
    >
    > >From the hard drive documentation, it appears that the interface is
    ATA-5.
    > >The drive I am looking at as a replacement(Hitachi 30GB / 5400RPM
    > >http://tinyurl.com/5zuay )
    > >has an ATA-6 interface.
    > >
    > >Will I be able to use this as a replacement?
    >
    > Yes, but you could also take advantage of the situation and buy a
    > bigger drive. You would get more bang for your money (lower cost per
    > GB) with a higher-capacity drive.
    >
    > -Dominique

Hard Drives Travelstar Laptops