Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gatey 4100 E Series

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 26, 2009 8:52:27 AM

I want to work within a dual screen. My current LCD is Gateway FPD1530. The resolution read within my computer is 1024x768 which I found a ViewSonic VA503B 15-inch LCD Monitor to incorporate as my dual screen. I don't want to throw my money away and need to know do I upgrade my graphics card to allow a greater resolution ratio, or remain with the resolution as specified? I am picking up an external hard drive with 4 bays to safeguard against loosing all of my files. Can I upgrade to a 24-inch LCD?

More about : gatey 4100 series

Best solution

a c 84 U Graphics card
December 26, 2009 9:14:03 AM

LCDs native resolution is the highest it can show, it has nothing to do with the graphics card..

So you don't have to upgrade the card and you need to stay at the resolution as specified (or lower, but it'll look less sharp). But you can however upgrade to a 24 incher, since the size of the screens don't have to match if you are using extended desktop.

If the card doesn't have 2 DVI plugs but VGA and DVI (one each), use the VGA for the smaller monitor and DVI for the bigger, you'll get better picture on the bigger one, VGA tends to get a bit soft and blurry at high res...
January 5, 2010 11:35:48 AM

Kari said:
LCDs native resolution is the highest it can show, it has nothing to do with the graphics card..

So you don't have to upgrade the card and you need to stay at the resolution as specified (or lower, but it'll look less sharp). But you can however upgrade to a 24 incher, since the size of the screens don't have to match if you are using extended desktop.

If the card doesn't have 2 DVI plugs but VGA and DVI (one each), use the VGA for the smaller monitor and DVI for the bigger, you'll get better picture on the bigger one, VGA tends to get a bit soft and blurry at high res...

BEST ANSWER - TYVM
m
l
!