Windows Install help

jkipod

Honorable
May 22, 2012
So I need to know how to update my windows XP install disk to Sp as it is Sp and i am trying to re install windows for my buddy that lost his disk but his code is Sp and my disk is Sp so how do i update the keys or wait to enter it

i Want to start fixing computers so how do i make it a oem disk to enter in as many time as i want

wombat_tg

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010

Does "Sp" mean service pack? You can just download the service packs once you get the base install done. I'm not clear on what you mean by "Sp"... never heard that before.

As for how to make it an oem disk... you can't. And you also cannot install it as many times as you want. 1 OEM key = 1 computer. Now you can use the same DISC to install but each computer will need its own unique KEY. They KEY is what costs money and makes a copy of windows legitimate. Installing the same KEY on multiple computers is NOT legal and is software piracy.

If you are fixing computers the owners of the computers you are fixing need to supply you with their system discs or the funds to purchase a suitable OS.

jkipod

Honorable
May 22, 2012

Sp means service pack and i cant get to the base install because i enter in the code on the top of the machine and it says invalid but it is valid :pt1cable: :fou: so how do i update the keys for the disk
when i start to fix them the key is printed on the top of the machine so i will have endless keys for the machine i am fixing

jkipod

Honorable
May 22, 2012

there is now way to update the keys or make it not ask for one till i am the desktop

wombat_tg

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010

Nope.

That's the bad thing about production line PCs. Frequently they have to have the CDs they came with (and NO OTHERS) to reinstall the system.

Or you have to go buy a fresh copy.

If you've run into this you can go buy a fresh copy OR your friend will have to re-order CDs from whomever made the computer.

TRENDING THREADS