Do DDR3 1600 RAMs run on this?

SzuruDusk

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
Hello! I'm building my own gaming computer but I've run into a small problem. :??:
I have no idea if these CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) will actually work with my GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H. I'm terribly inexperienced, so I was really confused when I saw that the "Memory Standards" were (DDR3 1866(OC)/1333/1066). Maybe this is a completely dumb question, but I want to be sure.

ALSO! I am building a gaming desktop meant to run pretty taxing games like Final Fantasy XIV. Since that's the case, is 4GB really enough? Some people say that it's better to get more when gaming. I would upgrade to CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB), but it's more than a 100 bucks difference just for the added piece of RAM! Is there something I'm missing? If so, what WOULD be a good idea to get if I wanted more than 4GB in RAM?

Solution
Hi.

1- Yeah the corsair should work without problems, but this G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) 1600 are much better and with a fewer price. Remember that for run the RAM to 1600 u need set the specifications manually in the BIOS.
2- The 6GB (3x2GB) kit is a waste of money since AMD don't support tri-channel. For that game u don't need more that 4GB even with Crysis that is one of the most hard games u don't need more that 4GB. Just be sure that u have a very good GPU.
Hi.

1- Yeah the corsair should work without problems, but this G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) 1600 are much better and with a fewer price. Remember that for run the RAM to 1600 u need set the specifications manually in the BIOS.
2- The 6GB (3x2GB) kit is a waste of money since AMD don't support tri-channel. For that game u don't need more that 4GB even with Crysis that is one of the most hard games u don't need more that 4GB. Just be sure that u have a very good GPU.

Solution

SzuruDusk

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
I think I will! I'm sure I'll be full of juicy info/tips after I attempt to piece my new build together. xD At the very least I'll know exactly what not to do.