how to get rid of ISearch toolbar in IE

How do I get rid of the ISEARCH toolbar that keeps popping up in IE. If I
try to uninstall it from the control panel, it says it can't find a certain
file.
3 answers Last reply
More about isearch toolbar

    Neil,

    iSearch seem to make entries to HOSTS file as well. Rename the file named
    "HOSTS" (without a file extension). This tip is from MVP Mike Burgess. The
    HOSTS file will be present in the following location:

    Windows XP=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
    Windows 2K=C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
    Win 98\ME=C:\WINDOWS

    Just rename the HOSTS file to OLDHOSTS and try the remaining part of the
    advice.

    [More Information]
    Toolbars are locked - Unable to customize toolbar and tool band:
    http://209.68.48.119/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm

    [Spyware removers - This part not to be skipped]

    Lavasoft Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    SpyBot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder : http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

    [All about HOSTS file]
    Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File:
    http://209.68.48.119/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "Neil K" <nkaufman@charter.net> wrote in message
    How do I get rid of the ISEARCH toolbar that keeps popping up in IE. If I
    try to uninstall it from the control panel, it says it can't find a certain
    file.

    look if you can see an Isearch taskbar checked, ifso,
    check the box out...
    2nd thing you can do is look in de c:program files and
    find out if you find anything strange that is not
    standard installed by you...
    3rd thing you can do is look for running processes in the
    register. by run-> regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->MICROSOFT->WINDOWS->CURRENT
    VERSION-> RUN, see if you can see the running proces of
    the ISEARCH toolbar., ifso, delete the value of the key,
    by selecting it, and delete it,
    And install, a program that scans your pc on spyware...

    Hope it works

    Google the following, install them and run them frequently.
    Adaware SE
    CWShredder
    Spybot Search and Destroy
    Also use a good firewall and virus scanner.

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.

> [...]

Configuration Control Panel Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP