2500k overclocking help

I want to know how far I can push my i5 2500k on stock cooler and still be in okay temps.

Can I get it to 4.0 ghz on stock cooling and thermal paste?

Do I need thermal paste on a h60 I saw a video of installation and they didnt put thermal paste on it why is that?
18 answers Last reply
More about 2500k overclocking help
  1. The Corsair Hydro series of CPU coolers already have thermal paste pre-applied to the water block.
  2. okay thank you can I oc on stock cooler 4.0 ghz???
  3. mocchan said:
    The Corsair Hydro series of CPU coolers already have thermal paste pre-applied to the water block.

pre-applied thermal paste sucks...so do fake water coolers...
  4. DarkOutlaw said:

I would have put it more eloquently, lol, but I agree.
  5. I should get arctic silver?? I am getting the h60 no matter what.
  6. 2fast4thetown_down said:
    I should get arctic silver?? I am getting the h60 no matter what.

AS5 is good yes, but there's also Arctic Cooling MX-4 that's good as well.

And a H60 is around 1C cooler on average than a Hyper 212 Evo. Is that really worth 2x the cost? Not to me it isn't.
  7. My case cant fit a hyper 212 evo that is why I am getting it it fits and nothing else does
  8. Oh man, that sucks. I'd just buy a new case instead of being stuck with using a H60 :lol:
  9. I cant on a tight budget.
  10. What do you use??
  11. 212 Evo of course, with AS5. My case is a full-size tower, though, so space constraints aren't a problem for me.
  12. okay but the h60 will be fine for 4.8 ghz on a 2500k??
  13. 2fast4thetown_down said:
    okay but the h60 will be fine for 4.8 ghz on a 2500k??

It'll be as good as a 212 Evo, like I said, so you may struggle to get to 4.8 with it. If your room temp is good and you don't have to use a lot of voltage, it may be ok.
  14. DarkOutlaw said:

I never stated my opinion about Pre-filled liquid coolers :)

But I do agree :lol: NH-D14 still remains my favorite cooler.
  15. I only have a mid tower, and the hyper 212 fits just fine with a push/pull config so I can get that 1c the H60 has and then get 1c more than the H60 ;)
    Rosewill Challenger Case

2fast4thetown_down said:
    okay but the h60 will be fine for 4.8 ghz on a 2500k??

Doubt it, 4.7 was a bit to riskay for my tastes, but possible. 4.8 would probably require too many volts, which would produce too much heat. You would need a real water cooling loop. Not to mention most people, even ones who benchmark 5.0, only run there systems around 4.5 for 24/7 use. I only went with 4.6 because my chip doesnt like 4.5 that much. NH-D14 is a good cooler as well. I consider it 2c-4c better than the hyper 212, but I couldnt justify spending 4x as much money ><
  16. hey guuys as u talking about heatsinks and stuff quick question would the hyper 212 evo or the nh d14 fit with my 4x4gb dimm sticks i have ripjaws x so heat spreder not to high?
  17. Next time you should start your own thread.

Either one should fit. The difference in performance is not going to be noticable, both are very good heatsinks.
  18. kul sry about that to thought someone might say something lol just thought as u going on about them lol anyway cheers leave ya to it
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Overclocking Cooling Thermal Compound