Sign in with
Your question

Need SATA drivers for HP laptop

Last response: in Windows XP
July 16, 2012 1:51:46 AM

So I really felt the urge to downgrade to Windows XP. I found all the needed drivers, but I'll need SATA drivers to include in the XP installation to let it finish. However, I can't find them anywhere. Possibly they don't exist. Maybe someone here knows.

My laptop is an HP Pavilion g7-1365dx (AMD A6 Series).

Thanks.

Update: For fun, I tried loading Windows XP anyway. I got 0x0000007B (inaccessible boot device) right after it loaded everything and said "Starting Windows". My hard drive is bit locker encrypted so I decrypted it and tried again. It resulted in the same error. Possibly this is due to the lack of SATA driver? Here's something from MS on it...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

More about : sata drivers laptop

July 16, 2012 1:23:07 PM

You may have to download the drivers and install them early in the XP process with the F6 option. Let us know if that is not familiar.

I don't know where to get those drivers for AMD boards; probably from AMD. If it were intel, I would know to download the Matrix storage drivers and pick one during installation.

Worst case, set the controllers to IDE mode? Or are you rocking an SSD?
m
l
July 16, 2012 8:04:39 PM

WyomingKnott said:
You may have to download the drivers and install them early in the XP process with the F6 option. Let us know if that is not familiar.

I don't know where to get those drivers for AMD boards; probably from AMD. If it were intel, I would know to download the Matrix storage drivers and pick one during installation.

Worst case, set the controllers to IDE mode? Or are you rocking an SSD?

I'm definitely glad someone replied. At least someone's out there.

Well, according to my description knowing why I'm getting the BSoDs or knowing why installation can't detect my HDD isn't my problem. I do know that I need a driver but I can't find it anywhere. I don't expect for this new hardware (2012) to support XP. However, it might.

I did forget to mention I have an SSD (Corsair 90 GB GT SATA III). I don't believe anywhere in the BIOS does it give me an option to switch modes (I checked). So again, my problem is *finding* this driver. If the final result is that I can't install XP, that's fine. I'll stick with Windows 7 :p 
m
l
December 13, 2012 3:09:27 PM

look for 8 disc floopy for intel worked for my amd hp quad core and also i used it on a flash drive formatted fat 32 and labled A: so it would detect is as a floppy on removable media via usb cheers mate give it a try
m
l
!