Clock interrupt error, please help.

shivanthing

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Hello, I received a clock interrupt error on the following specs.

i7 2600k 4.5 GHz
win7 ultimate 64 bit
8gb ram 1333 MHz (Downclocked from 1600 MHz)

I ran prime95 for 10 hours one month after I overclocked (infact I did the test twice with no errors the test was customized for maximum heat and RAM usage.)

So I deemed it stable, but did I damage my hardware in any way? Or was this just a quirk? I have controlled heat to never go above 75, and I dont really do anything intensive. (During the crash I was running some halo servers and a ts3 server which take up more or less 5-10 percent of my cpu. Under max load temps dont above the limit usually. During intense gaming Ishould never see my temps go above 65) I've since went back to the default settings of the CPU and do not plan to overclock anymore until I get answers.

Thanks in advance!

shivanthing

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

EDIT: Perhaps it was my offset voltage during lighter loads... I doubt I've damaged my hardware though, I've just recently started hosting servers. Perhaps bumping up the offset by a bit should fix the problem? Sorry I can not provide exact info on the crash but im depending on the knowledge of the community to help me. ;P

You're going to want to run max CPU stress not RAM stress. Try Intel Burn Test at normal settings with about 25 passes.

However, it could just be a random screw up, maybe software related. Always good to check.

As for damaged hardware? Doubt it. What voltage were you at? And 75C is a bit hot, but 65C under normal load is ok.

shivanthing

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Ran Burn test for 25 runs on 'standard' with no crash or stability quirks. Safe to say it was just a one in a million software error? Burn test didnt run for long... Otherwise... maybe I should I just bump up my voltage by a single notch?

and it was 1.33 as I said.

shivanthing

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Okay done and done. Went from 40+ offset to 50+ offset. Two notches, should not cause a massive temp problem during normal usage. c:

If it happens again ill post again but- is there any more advice I could take with me? I don't have deep pockets but I am putting a way a little of my own version of insurance for my computer incase it breaks. xD

shivanthing

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
I'm gonna run prime95 for 1 hour on with 8-1024 FFT's then larger FFT's with more ram.

Should weed away anymore errors... if that works I'll see if this problem happens again in the future. Hopefully i'll be bsod-less. xD