The bios in my evga p55 sli fails to initialize

cgwayne1

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
the bios in my evga p55 sli fails to initialize, the board was up and running so all the components are compatible. i took the board out of the case to clean the dust out of it and it hasn't ran since. tried booting with minimal configuration, cpu and memory only, tried removing the cmos battery for 10 minutes, can anyone think of anything i may be missing?

Solution
Try removing the cpu and check all the connections are clean. Remove the ram and also check connections for dust or other dirt. Do the same with videocard. Also check all power plugs for proper contact.
If none of these works, I'm afraid something must have got dammaged while taking the pc apart.

Nils

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Try removing the cpu and check all the connections are clean. Remove the ram and also check connections for dust or other dirt. Do the same with videocard. Also check all power plugs for proper contact.
If none of these works, I'm afraid something must have got dammaged while taking the pc apart.

Solution

cgwayne1

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010

lol yep somthin went wrong while i was putting everything back together. ran the p4 power under the motherboard and some solder points under the board perforated the the wires. fried cpu and 2 gigs of mem. replaced cpu, board or cpu has been a poor overclocker ever since. its an i 5 760 by the way. i know its been a long time but i just wanted to say thanks