LCD Display keeps cutting out

PatrickGSR94

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
I have a ViewSonic 20" widescreen LCD approx. 3.5 years old, bought along with the rest of my system components that I built back in June 2006. Lately I have noticed the display will just go black every few minutes, for a few seconds, then come back on.

This display has a DVI connection that I was using with my PNY nVIDIA Quadro FX550 graphics card, and at some point in the past year, either the graphics card DVI input or the display DVI output went bad, and I had to switch to the analog VGA connection. So I've been using the VGA connection for about a year. When the screen blacks out, then comes back on, the "Analog" notification is shown in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Last night when I turned the display on (computer usually stays on and I just switch off the display), the light in the display power button stayed orange (usually for power saving mode) and the "Analog" notification would not go away on the screen. It just stayed on while I was working, which was quite annoying.

Any of the other buttons on the display will just cause the display to black out for a couple of seconds then come back on. I cannot get the display's menu to come up.