Blabla24

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Something around two weeks BUDGET RANGE:1000$~ Can go for a little more. SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming PARTS NOT REQUIRED:Screen,Keyboard,Mouse,Speakers PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: None COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:Israel PARTS PREFERENCES: None OVERCLOCKING:No SLI OR CROSSFIRE:No MONITOR RESOLUTION:1920x1080 Cpu: Core I5 750 Motherboard: P55-UD3R Memory:I want 4gb not sure what to take. Graphics:Gigabyte Radeon 4870 HD Hard disk:Wd 1tb Sata Fan:Zalman CNPS 10X For the cpu Storage:Antec 900 Power:Corsair HX520W I have only a few general questions: What memory should i buy considered there are so many choices? Will the power supply be enough to hold everything?(I will probably not upgrade that computer for at least half a year) Will the computer be quiet?(since there will be about five fans) Anyway i'm also looking for some advice about parts i should replace for better performance please keep in mind that due to the country i live in parts are a little more expensive. Thanks.

Blabla24

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Now that should be a little more organized ;p

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Something around two weeks
BUDGET RANGE:1000$~ Can go for a little more.
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming
PARTS NOT REQUIRED:Screen,Keyboard,Mouse,Speakers
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: None
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:Israel
PARTS PREFERENCES: None
OVERCLOCKING:No
SLI OR CROSSFIRE:No
MONITOR RESOLUTION:1920x1080

Cpu: Core I5 750
Motherboard: P55-UD3R Memory:I want 4gb not sure what to take. Graphics:Gigabyte Radeon 4870 HD
Hard disk:Wd 1tb Sata
Fan:Zalman CNPS 10X For the cpu
Storage:Antec 900 Power:Corsair HX520W

I have only a few general questions: What memory should i buy considered there are so many choices?

Will the power supply be enough to hold everything?(I will probably not upgrade that computer for at least half a year)

Will the computer be quiet?(since there will be about five fans)

Anyway i'm also looking for some advice about parts i should replace for better performance please keep in mind that due to the country i live in parts are a little more expensive. Thanks.

^ Hi...certainly you can improve that build...
1. HDD - Make sure you either get the WD Black 1TB as the rest of the WDs are slower...If you are not able to get it at a good price, then check out the Seagate 7200.12/ Samsung F3 drives...they are nearly as good as the WD Black...

2. RAM - Check out the GSkillz, OCZ, Corsair brands...And just make sure they operate at not more than 1.65V(Standard for the RAM voltages that can be used with i5/ i7 CPUs)

3. Heatsink - You wont need that HSF and that too you will not be overclocking...
If you still want to buy one, then check out Cooler MAster Hyper 212...they are cheap and offer very good performance...

4. CASE - The Antec 900 is good, but also check out the cases from Cooler Master...The Storm Scout and the HAF 922 are very good options and will be available at nearly the same price as that 900 or maybe even less...you can also check out the Antec 300...they would save some money, which you can invest in a faster graphics card...

5. Graphics card -
The HD 5770 would be a better option as its newer and is similarly priced to the 4870...But for that budget, you can also look into HD 5850...by saving money on other parts, you can get the HD 5850...

6. PSU - Yes that 520W would suffice...but actually you can save money by going with Antec EA 500 - It has enough power even for HD 5850/ 5870...

7. Mobo - You can save some money by going with the Gigabyte P55 UD2 mobo...It is also a very good low budget mobo...