One long, three short, followed by two extra short

tju2an

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Hello! :)

This morning, my littlebrother went gaming as usual. No errors has occured the last 4,5 weeks at all. Suddenly, the system shut down, and as he tried to boot up again, the screen was just blank and he heard One long, followed by three short.

This time, I was still sleeping but he woke me up and I opened his case and took a look. I had earlier checked up a few codes, so I was pretty sure it had to do with the RAM. Since we wasn't able to reach BIOS due to the screenblackout, I reset BIOS by swapping the blue jumper on the CLRT-something. I also removed one stick in order to improve the chance that we find a solution for the problem.

I reconnected just the DVI cable to the screen and the PSU to a powersource. Booted up. One long, three short and now followed by two really short beeps. Then I went to this forum. Never before has this problem occured for me.

Thanks for every reply
//Filip

tju2an

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
The system is currently turned in at a local store for repairs on any loose part or damaged equipment. Although, resolutions and replies is still warmly welcome