New build wont POST

max787

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Hi,
i am a long time reader of these forums and unfortunately i am in need of your help! i assembled my computer last night but it wont POST. when i turn it on the LEDs and fans come on and everything seems fine but there is no video from either the onboard graphics or my graphics card, i dont have a case speaker so i cant breadboard for troubleshooting purposes and i was just wondering if you have any ideas? i have read the "wont boot" sticky but it hasn´t solved my problems. I am not sure if i connected the case front connectors properly and if i failed to do so correctly would that stop my computer from POSTing? The 24 pin mobo connector is plugged in, the 8 pin cpu connector is plugged in and everything else seems plugged in except for what looks like a 4 pin molex connector that is ON the motherboard, the manual makes no mention of it but i presume its for a case fan...not sure though

My specs are:
AMD Phenom II 955 BE
Pure crossfireX 790GX Sapphire Motherboard (AM3)
4GB (2x2) OCZ Gold edition low voltage RAM @1333Mhz
700W everest PSU rated 80 plus, active PFC etc.
IDE HDD
SATA HDD
SATA DVD burner
3 120mm case fans

Thank you to anyone who reads this and i hope the computer gods inspire you! ;)
Max

There's a good reason over 30 people have looked at this, but you have seen no replies.

What have numerous posters in the "can't boot" thread say about a case speaker?
We say you need one - especially if the system does not work.

Where to buy a small motherboard speaker
http://www.cwc-group.com/casp.html

Yes. Get a case speaker and don't just read the steps in the sticky. Actually do them.

And the molex connector on the motherboard? I'm certain it is mentioned in the manual. RTFM.

:pfff:

max787

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009

i am just looking for some help...no need to be so demeaning.
anyway i got a case speaker and when i turn on the pc there are no beeps, fans all start up, i think i hear the hdd at the beginning, LEDs light up but there are no beeps and no activity on-screen...is my mobo dead?
by the way in regards to the 4 pin connector the poorly translated manual says: Large 4-pin power connector, J3 power connector= the connectors are 4-pin connector that supports extra 12v/5v power to your system.

thanks,
Max

Have you tried booting with a 4-pin molex connector plugged into that slot? That would be my first guess if you've actually performed EVERY step in the checklist. JSC wasn't really being demeaning, we just get posts exactly like this all the time. Everyone SAYS they've "read" the sticky, very few have actually performed every step in the checklist.

max787

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
your right, sorry JSC but i have tried MOST of what is on the list, not everything though. i will try and boot with the molex connected...can´t do it till tonight though...thank you for replying

max787

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
no luck with connecting the 4 pin, and i tried EVERYTHING on the sticky. im gonna send it back to pixmania.fr and get a new one! good thing i payed extra for the guarantee! lol, thanks to those of you that replied...

max787

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
I got it working! My dad came round to my house and looked over it...as embarrassing as this is i didn´t put the CPU in properly lol but anyway it all works fine now! thanks to those of you that replied!
max