Solved

Low battery voltage warning

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Battery
  • Dimension
Last response: in Motherboards
July 19, 2010 9:25:39 PM

I have the same problem with Dimension 8300 with the low battery voltage warning at start up. Do I need to write down bio information before replacing battery? If so, how to find bio info to be recorded?Thanks

More about : low battery voltage warning

Best solution

a c 78 V Motherboard
July 20, 2010 2:53:03 AM

You can access the BIOS by pressing the F1 key when you turn it on (if the F1 key doesn't work, try the F8, or the Del key). If you haven't made any changes to the settings in your BIOS, removing and replacing the battery will not affect your system. If you have, you can write them down tab by tab, or use a digital camera to shoot the BIOS loading screen and the tabs.

There have been some folks on this forum that have laughed at my using the camera, but it works quite well - how do they think the motherboard mfrs. take BIOS screenshots?
July 20, 2010 1:09:09 PM

treefrog07- Thanks for the information.
m
l
Related resources
a c 242 V Motherboard
July 20, 2010 1:25:10 PM

Quote:
There have been some folks on this forum that have laughed at my using the camera, but it works quite well - how do they think the motherboard mfrs. take BIOS screenshots?
I do the same. It's particularly useful when building a system for someone not too familiar with BIOS settings.
m
l
a c 78 V Motherboard
July 20, 2010 6:13:02 PM

You are welcome.
m
l
July 20, 2010 6:18:34 PM

Best answer selected by wenki84.
m
l
!