Question about Nvidia drivers please?

I know there is a new driver out for nvidia and I was just wondering if
anybody has installed it?
I read where if you aren't having problems, don't upgrade. I was just
wondering about this.
I had the latest driver.......until I went to the nvidia website and saw
another upgrade. I don't
know whether to get it or not as I know sometimes it can cause problems?

Thanks.....Betty
3 answers Last reply
More about question nvidia drivers please

    d-b_enson wrote:
    > I know there is a new driver out for nvidia and I was just wondering
    > if anybody has installed it?
    > I read where if you aren't having problems, don't upgrade. I was
    just
    > wondering about this.
    > I had the latest driver.......until I went to the nvidia website and
    > saw another upgrade. I don't
    > know whether to get it or not as I know sometimes it can cause
    > problems?

    Well, a lot depends on what OS and what video card you have. I have
    Win 98SE and an older FX5200, so it's pretty much pointless for me to
    use later drivers (and in fact, most the later drives are unstable for
    me, I have to use 61.21). OTOH, if you have a newer video card and
    WinXP, then it might help. Sometimes newer drivers are faster.

    Exactly ... what video card do you have ... the newer drivers are pretty
    much optimized for the newer video cards .... so if your video card is a
    year or two old, no reason to update.

    "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > d-b_enson wrote:
    >> I know there is a new driver out for nvidia and I was just wondering
    >> if anybody has installed it?
    >> I read where if you aren't having problems, don't upgrade. I was
    > just
    >> wondering about this.
    >> I had the latest driver.......until I went to the nvidia website and
    >> saw another upgrade. I don't
    >> know whether to get it or not as I know sometimes it can cause
    >> problems?
    >
    > Well, a lot depends on what OS and what video card you have. I have
    > Win 98SE and an older FX5200, so it's pretty much pointless for me to
    > use later drivers (and in fact, most the later drives are unstable for
    > me, I have to use 61.21). OTOH, if you have a newer video card and
    > WinXP, then it might help. Sometimes newer drivers are faster.

    Thanks to all that replied, you answered my question.

    Much appreciated........Betty

Drivers Nvidia Video Games