Question about Nvidia drivers please?

Last response: in Video Games
a b \ Driver
March 21, 2005 8:38:04 PM

I know there is a new driver out for nvidia and I was just wondering if
anybody has installed it?
I read where if you aren't having problems, don't upgrade. I was just
wondering about this.
I had the latest driver.......until I went to the nvidia website and saw
another upgrade. I don't
know whether to get it or not as I know sometimes it can cause problems?

Thanks.....Betty
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
March 21, 2005 11:49:38 PM

d-b_enson wrote:
> I know there is a new driver out for nvidia and I was just wondering
> if anybody has installed it?
> I read where if you aren't having problems, don't upgrade. I was
just
> wondering about this.
> I had the latest driver.......until I went to the nvidia website and
> saw another upgrade. I don't
> know whether to get it or not as I know sometimes it can cause
> problems?

Well, a lot depends on what OS and what video card you have. I have
Win 98SE and an older FX5200, so it's pretty much pointless for me to
use later drivers (and in fact, most the later drives are unstable for
me, I have to use 61.21). OTOH, if you have a newer video card and
WinXP, then it might help. Sometimes newer drivers are faster.
March 21, 2005 11:49:39 PM

Exactly ... what video card do you have ... the newer drivers are pretty
much optimized for the newer video cards .... so if your video card is a
year or two old, no reason to update.

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> d-b_enson wrote:
>> I know there is a new driver out for nvidia and I was just wondering
>> if anybody has installed it?
>> I read where if you aren't having problems, don't upgrade. I was
> just
>> wondering about this.
>> I had the latest driver.......until I went to the nvidia website and
>> saw another upgrade. I don't
>> know whether to get it or not as I know sometimes it can cause
>> problems?
>
> Well, a lot depends on what OS and what video card you have. I have
> Win 98SE and an older FX5200, so it's pretty much pointless for me to
> use later drivers (and in fact, most the later drives are unstable for
> me, I have to use 61.21). OTOH, if you have a newer video card and
> WinXP, then it might help. Sometimes newer drivers are faster.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
March 22, 2005 12:22:50 PM

Thanks to all that replied, you answered my question.

Much appreciated........Betty
!