Overclocking on GTX 680

PinkVortex

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Hey guys!

first off I would like to say that I'm new to the site/community and I'm a newbie when it comes to PCs, got my first gaming PC 3 months ago and have done research to learn more about the PC itself and the different manufactures etc..

One thing I don't quite understand yet is overclocking and how it is done, I found programs that help you overclock but I'm too afraid to touch anything since I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Just ordered a EVGA GTX 680 "super overclocked" with 2GB so installing that will be fun :p anyway, could some1 try to explain to me how overclocking works and/or give me the link to a site that can help me understand it? so I can (maybe) do it in the fututre? I understand you can overclock many parts of the PC(fans, CPU and GPU).

There must be other threads about this but as I said, I'm new and don't know how to or if it's possible to search at all :S

Thanks in advantage!

Overclocking is generally quite specific to whatever you are overclocking.

There are some general rules with regard to voltages, heat, mem settings and bios settings.

Your best bet is to do a Google search for your current set up i.e. Overclocking a 2500k on a P8P67 board.

Or post here with more details about your system and what you hope to achieve.

PinkVortex

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

I'll use Google then come back here with questions when I know what I'm talking about :p