Solved

How to overclocking pentium d 925 ?

Hello,
how to overclocking my cpu ? my system is pentium d925 3ghz , mobo p4m890.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclocking pentium
  1. bfk1298 said:
    Hello,
    how to overclocking my cpu ? my system is pentium d925 3ghz , mobo p4m890.

Would not suggest overclocking a pentium d. They ran hot in the first place, so you need exceptional cooling. Not going to gain a lot anyway, these were some of the worst processors Intel ever released. But if you are determined, a google search will turn up about a thousand results that will tell how to do it, its an old processor and its been done to death over and over and over.
  2. Make it faster by replacing it with a 2500k :D
  3. jitpublisher said:
    Would not suggest overclocking a pentium d. They ran hot in the first place, so you need exceptional cooling. Not going to gain a lot anyway, these were some of the worst processors Intel ever released. But if you are determined, a google search will turn up about a thousand results that will tell how to do it, its an old processor and its been done to death over and over and over.

BTW ,, i have try OC to 3306mhz. And the temp is 61c at full load, 45c at idle. And when i try to OC to up 3600mhz , my pc cant boot.
  4. Best answer
    try lowering the clocks of the ram, raising the volts of the CPU

off topic, how did you do that sig thing beanoslim? :P
  5. Not exactly sure what your asking but its a F@H sig.

Click on it to go to the F@H team page and go to the sig creator section for more info.
  6. yeah.. i tried adjust DRAM freq from 533 to 333mhz..and i get 3600mhz. Temp also in good and stable..

Name - Intel Pentium D 925
    Codename - Presler
    Specification - Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz
    Package (platform ID) - Socket 775 LGA (0x2)
    CPUID - F.6.5
    Extended CPUID - F.6
    Core Stepping - D0
    Technology - 65 nm
    Core Speed - 3602.4 MHz
    Multiplier x FSB - 15.0 x 240.2 MHz
    Rated Bus speed - 960.6 MHz
    Stock frequency - 3000 MHz
  7. Best answer selected by bfk1298.
  8. beanoslim said:
    Not exactly sure what your asking but its a F@H sig.

Click on it to go to the F@H team page and go to the sig creator section for more info.

ahh kk, was just wondering coz it links back to the teams post on here :P
  9. im getting the same cpu next week ina very cheap motherboard ram and cpu bundle ... i wonder if u have managed to overclock and what temps are u getting
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Pentium