Sign in with
Your question

Wrapper.CreateFile failed with error 32: The process cannot access the file beca

Last response: in Windows XP
July 16, 2012 9:55:37 AM

I am getting the following error while installing java.please help me out

error:
Wrapper.CreateFile failed with error 32: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
July 16, 2012 1:13:54 PM

Does it tell you which file is the problem?

Do you already have Java installed? If so, are you trying to install the new version to the old directory? If anything is running that uses Java, then you will get this message. You will either have to install the new version to a new directory or remove the old version first.

Let us know whether or not this helps.
m
l
July 23, 2012 1:36:11 AM

I had no previous versions installed in my system.I am installing it for the first time. The error is displaying while i am starting to install it.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 23, 2012 4:32:21 PM

And it does not name the file that it can't access? Might the event log have more information? Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer - probably the Application tab. I'm grasping at straws here.

m
l
December 9, 2012 3:36:03 AM

I kept getting the "wrapper.createfile failed with error 32" error when attempting to install jdk1.7.0_02 (32-bit) on my 32-bit Win7 laptop.

I was able to solve this error by navigating to the folder:

C:\Users\[MY_WINDOWS_USER_NAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jdk1.7.0_02

In that folder I double-clicked on the msi file, and the installer started and completed just fine.

I am not sure on what the root cause of the problem is, though.
m
l
!