Raid 1 NOT WORKING - MBR DELETED - CAN THIS BE REVERSED

future64

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
I have a Raid 1 drive which I created on 2x Hitachi 2TB deskstars.

I run windows on a separate drive and have just done a new instal of XP.

After re-installing windows the array did not show up anymore.

I went back to the Raid settings in the Bios (Ctrl-F) and for some reason thought that deleting the MBR would help.

This did not help and my computer recognises the drives as unallocated spaces now.

Since then I've done a few things like converting to basic drives to see if they would read.

However during any of these changes I have never opted for re-format or wiping any of the drives.

I have also used a program called EASUS to rebuild the MBR but still not recovered access to the array (or either/or drive)

Please can you let me know if there is anything more I can do or you think I have lost the data for good..

marty14

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

Maybe Active Partition Recovery will do the trick.
See www dot partition-recovery dot com

solr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012

Get yourself a copy of Active Disk Image from Lsoft.net, I have used it to image, repartition, and repair partitions for several years on dozens of PCs. The product can create a CD or USB that you can boot from. Install it on a working PC and create the Boot CD or USB.

Boot from Active Disk, and If your data is still there, you can use the Explore My Computer tool in the product to see your stuff. If its there (the drive letters will change), you can recreate the MBR using the Partition Recovery tool. But first, create a complete Image of your drive, and choose verify.

On a realtively new PC the image takes about 10 minutes for 25 GB using USB 2.