How do I add RAM to a compaq armada m700 laptop?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
July 15, 2004 8:28:05 PM

I'm sure this is a simple thing, but how do I add ram? I used a prog
from the web called Belarc Advisor to tell me about the insides of my
laptop, and I think I have 3 slots, two with 64 each, and one empty -
whatever that means! Would I be right in thinking that additional ram
will speed up my computer? What sort of ram do i need, and where/how
much?
James
July 15, 2004 11:32:27 PM

On 15 Jul 2004 16:28:05 -0700, jnv1959@hotmail.com (James) wrote:

>I'm sure this is a simple thing, but how do I add ram? I used a prog
>from the web called Belarc Advisor to tell me about the insides of my
>laptop, and I think I have 3 slots, two with 64 each, and one empty -
>whatever that means! Would I be right in thinking that additional ram
>will speed up my computer? What sort of ram do i need, and where/how
>much?
>James

It depends on your scomputer's speed. Crucial's advisor lists Compaq
Armada m700 with speeds from 366 MHz to 1000 MHZ. Go to this usr and
select the appropriate speed for you computer, then proceed with the
selection:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmodel.asp?cat=RAM&mfr=...

Charlie Hoffpauir