New sata2 hdd on asus m2v-mx (dual boot)

sag0th

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Hello all :)
I have old Asus M2V-MX motherboard with (I think) the last BIOS ver.1202 from Asus. The system is:

Athlon64 X2 5400+
3GB DDR2 800
GeCube x800 128Mb video

So I decided to put new WD 500GB SATA2 HDD on the damn thing.
I have two SATA connectors: two black JMicron JMB363 (from wikipedia: "JMicron JMB363 PCI Express to SATA II and PATA Host Controller, support IDE, RAID and AHCI") and two red (which should be the normal SATA). The black ones are signed as SATA_E1/2 on the silkscreen of the board.

When I put the HDD on the black ones I can't see it recognized in the BIOS in one of the SATA fields. However on the stage ofter disk check I have message about JMicron found my HDD etc.
When I put the HDD on the red ones I see it in BIOS.

So using the black ones (I want SATA2) I tried to make dual boot system - WinXP and Debian Lenny. WinXP was installed without a problem (it formated the HDD as 137GB, though).
Then I installed Lenny from CD. It fetched and install all SW and everything seemed fine.
The partitions are: NTFS 137GB primary / EXT3 primary (the rest of the space, marked with boot flag).
Lenny installed GRUB bootloader (I think) on first partition.
Then after reboot GRUB gives me Error 21 (Selected disk does not exist).
When I changed the SATA connector to the red ones GRUB finds the two installations but I can't boot Debian (it 's loading and after some time it enters in some kind of suspend... monitor's led blinks as if suspend at least).

So my question is WTF??? :)
I'm not pretty sure my SATA2 HDD works correctly on the black connectors but I'm able to install two OS so I guess it working...
Should use the normal (red) connectors?
What am I doing wrong??
This is really frustrating...